Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXPLAIN ERROR - E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN

Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a .acsm file in Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.67532

I keep getting the error E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN

I have searched the forum and found this question asked previosuly - but NOT answered.

I would like to know what this means and why I can't download my book. 

Very frustrating to try and access customer support from adobe to be thrown over to a forum which has the same questions I seek the answer to posted MONTHS ago - and they are still unanswered.  There has to be an easier way!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One reason can be a corrupt .acsm file.  Try redownloading the .acsm file if possible.

There are lots of bugs in ADE V2.0, though I hadn't seen this one before.

Try using v1.7.2 instead and see if that helps.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, but no success - i'm guessing it's due to system restrictions at work.

I had redownloaded the .acsm file a ridiculous amount of times yesterday - i felt like my whole afternoon was a freakish deja vu loop!

I installed 1.7.2 today and attempted the download - now i get a new error message, lucky me

Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators:
IO Error on Network Request.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:

(LINK REMOVED)

Event Detail:
Error #2038
--- end ---

Annoyingly - I downloaded it at home last night using Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.67532 in about a minute.  I put it in dropbox hoping i could access it today from work but to no avail thanks to security.  I guess I'm just not meant to tackle this task today!  Think I'll bring my laptop into the office next week and print the damn thing and be done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck, but warning the file is probably print restricted, so it may not be so easy to be done with that way.

I suggest you double-check printing possibilities at home before assuming it will be easy to print in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines