Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

APPCRASH error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting APPCRASH error while opening RH 8 project files. Please advice how to correct it?

Thanks

Priya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priya.

Is this happening when you open ANY project or just one specific project. Try opening one of the sample projects and report back. If it is happening on all projects please report back with your RoboHelp version and Windows OS.

Second point: Is the project you are opening located on a server? If you are using RoboHelp 9 or before, you should never have your project source files located on a server apart from for backup purposes. Always open a project from a local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue persists while trying to open any project including sample projects. I get the error message that Adobe RoboHelp has stopped working and the Problem Event Name is stated as APPCRASH.

I'm using RoboHelp version 8 and Windows 7 64 bit OS.

All my project files are saved in the local C drive and not on any server.

Please advice how to correct the issue.

Thanks

Priya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Service Release 802 applied? It is critical.

See Using Rh 8 on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've already applied Service Release 802.

Our technical staff are also unable to understand the issue why i'm getting such a kind of error.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Sowjanya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was RoboHelp installed with Admin rights? Even if it was, I think you need to uninstall and reinstall, then apply the patches again before opening any project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp