• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 9 loses PDF Setup bookmarks

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of FrameMaker, when you configure bookmarks in the PDF Setup dialog on the Print dialog, using Adobe PDF as the printer, it remembers the bookmarks the next time you print. Frame 9 seems to forget the bookmark settings. Or am I missing something that I now have to do in Frame 9?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing, now that you mention it - I'm new to FM with 9.0, so I didn't expect it to behave any differently. I'll be interested to see if somebody has any hints on what to do to get them to save from job to job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After encountering the same thing for a long time, I noticed that the settings are not stored in the book file. Frame gets the settings from the first file in the book. So, I open the first file, print it to a PDF, and save and close the file. When I then open the book to create a PDF from the book, the settings are there already, though you might have to correct one or two little things. From that point on, Frame seems to remember the settings each time you create a PDF.

That being said, I have not tested the above completely in all its aspects. Note that I typically use the same PDF settings for everything. Once set for a book or file, I never change them. When I create a PDF from a book, I usually have only the book file open. If you opened all the files first including the first file in the book and THEN made your PDF settings, maybe it would save them back into each file, but this is just a guess. I have assumed that with just the book file open, any changes to the settings are not saved into any of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years on, FrameMaker 2017, and still this bug exists! I found that Reviewer1066's answer is correct; set the defaults for the first document in the book, save it, and the settings stick when you print the complete book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work in FrameMaker 11:

1. At the FrameMaker book file level, select  Format>Document>PDF Setup
  2. Set up your bookmarks.
  3. Click Set.

NOTE: If you did this in an open file, import the formats into the other files in your book using File>Import>Formats. Check Paragraph Formats and Document Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm seconding what AnnKu650 said, including importing the Document Properties.

For a tool that helps manage the Doc Properties import, see ImportFormatsSpecial by Rick Quatro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines