• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get message that serial number is valid but product not found when trying to activate CS6.

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need help with installing CS6 to a new computer. I have owned PS since CS and have upgraded through all of the versions. Do I have to download the old versions too now? I don't remember doing that on my new desktop last year. When I try to activate with the serial number it says the number is valid but the product is not found. I have tried my previous version numbers but they are invalid. There is a drop down to choose what product I am trying to activate but CS6 is not even listed. CS6 Extended is but that is not what I have. Can anyone help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, you don't need previous versions to be installed but you should have been prompted for the serial number of the cs version from which you upgraded.  were you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a new upgrade. I am just trying to install it on a new laptop. I deactivated it on my old laptop and  I still have it on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you purchased cs6, not as an upgrade. 

if that's correct, you do not need any previous versions installed and you should not be prompted for any previous version's serial number.

what exact product did you purchase and what product did you download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines