• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player keeps crashing

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like this is becoming a yearly occurrence.  Flash is the most unstable part of my computer it seems. 

A few days ago flash player started crashing on my again - I'm on windows 7, 64 bit, using firefox 9.0.1.  I've used the flash uninstall to remove the program.  After that's done I've gone into the program files to make sure it's completely removed.  I've reinstalled flash.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  If it doesn't work, I try again until it does.  It then only works until I shut down my computer and restart again.  I'm getting a little weary of uninstalling and reinstalling flash player every time I turn on my laptop.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your display adapter and driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a fair bit about computers, but not sure where to find that info.  I'm happy to provide it if you can tell me where to find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 7:

• right-click on the 'Computer' icon on the desktop and select Properties
  • on the System panel that pops up, click on Device Manager on the left hand pane
  • click on the drop-down ( ) left of Display Adapter; this will list your display adapter
  • right-click on it and select Properties
  • click on the Driver tab; this will show you the driver date and version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the instructions

Display Adapter:  Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Driver Date/Version:  8/25/10; 8.15.10.2202

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect and let the utility check if there is a newer driver available.  I am quite sure there is; the latest Intel driver version is 8.15.10.2559.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. regarding the Intel Driver Update Utility: I have never been able to get it to run on Firefox; it works fine on Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!  Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great; thanks for the feedback!

I have also just created a new FAQ entry with instructions how to update video drivers on Windows: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, so it was all good for 5 days.  When I came home from work tonight and turned on my laptop, I went to a website and flash player crashed again.  I can't have to update the drivers already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the web site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of different ones - boomama.net (a blog) and gofugyourself.com (another blog)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what is causing your crashes on those sites, I have no trouble with them but I use I.E.9. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no trouble viewing these sites with Firefox (Waterfox, respectively) 9.

I wonder if it is really Flash Player that is crashing, as I cannot detect any Flash content on the second site you mention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about pogo.com?  I'm trying to play a game on that site and flash keeps crashing.  When I click on a game a new window opens up and mozilla freezes up for about 15 seconds.  Then the screen goes gray and I get the "adobe has crashed" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can play games at pogo.com; can you try with Hardware Acceleration disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update java and shockwave.  Still having problems.  I navigated to the page for hardware acceleration, and when I right click on the appropriate box, the "settings" option is grayed out.  I can't click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page has three places where you can right click and get the Flash Player menu, the first two have a greyed out Settings but the third has a Settings you can click.  It is near the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Pro ( up to date

)Sites affected... I can visit youtube.com, but as soon as i click on ANY video link within youtube.com it will crash the browser.The same happens when using facebook, I can browse my feed for instance, but if I click to play a youtube link that's embedded in the feed, it will crash in the same way.

This is the order.

1.I visit youtube.com

2.I click on any video

3. It hangs for about 10 seconds, Chrome is unresponsive at this moment.

4. I leave it.

5.Then Chrome.exe – Application Error pops up   The instruction at 0x1008385b referenced memory at 0xa7cf7808. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program.

6.I click ok

7. The page inserts a yellow banner just below the search bar saying...The following prlug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash.

It's similar case for latest Firefox and IE.

I've tried this, but again it does not fix the problem.

http://www.howtogeek.com/103292/how-to-fix-shockwave-flash-crashes-in-google-chrome/#comment-172843

I've also used the flash uninstaller, to uninstall the lot. and then revert back to Flash 10.

Which does not work, and still causes my browser to crash.

FYI - this computer has been wiped and had a clean install of win7. It's less than a week old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 

Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic.

In your new thread, also supply the following information.

Video adapter and driver version.

Files in folders C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 

Windows 7 64bit edition

Firefox 13.0.1

newer Flash Player 11.3.300.257

Updated drivers

I have tried all of the sugesstions that I have seen on this site and everything has not worked. The flash player is still crashing and I am not sure why. I even uninstalled it twice and reinstalled it. It did not start crashing until I updated it to this new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same problem for a few weeks now.  I have the same info as loveablebaby & I am frustrated beyond belief.  My computer/flash player has run fine for about 11 months & all of a sudden Flash Player will NOT keep working.  I have update, uninstalled & reinstalled.  I live on Pogo, FaceBook & Steam...is there some other player that can be used?  I'm feeling the same...that it's since I've updated to the newest version of Flash Player.    PS3 is looking better & better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the right one, but bad news, I already had the Hardware Acceleration disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines