Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HLS/HDS Live Streaming

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together

i have a question about HDS/HLS live streaming. I'm using AMS 4.5.6 and i have a running AMS Origin server. I'm able to ingest a rtmp live stream and watch the live stream on all devices (HLS,HDS;RTMP). Now   I want to distribute this live stream over several Edge Server. For RTMP, i can modify my application XML. But what is  with HLS HDS? Can i use the packed segements from the origin with a shared storage or a caching Server like Varninsh? Or is there any other possiblity ? Wowza Media Server provides the Live Stream Repeater what is Adobe providing?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For HDS (and so for HLS), you can have the contents saved on a shared storage or else configure varnish.

You may refer to:

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/a dobe-media-server/pdfs/rock-s...

and

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobe-media-server/articles/varnish-sample-for-failover.html

Let us know if you any queries.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can also use rtmp to get the stream to hybrid edges then republish at the edge to the local live packager app at the edge. but really just using varnish as an 'edge' is probably the way to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines