• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change flash player language? (v 11.6.602.168)

Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that Adobe Flash player 11.6.602.168 installs with English language interface independent on OS setting.

The previous version 11.5.502.149 on the same OS (with the same settings) works fine, user has Norwegian interface.

How it is possible to change language from English to other one?
What OS settings are used by Adobe Flash to determine the language?

Regional settings (on both Win7 and Win XP): Norwegian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having problems seeing the Flash Player Windows control panel or installer UI in another language besides English or are you having issues typing Norwegian characters into Flash input fields?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English language (instead of Norwegian as it was in the previous versions) is in the Flash Player Settings Manager, menu also in English (when you right click on the flash)...

AdobeFlash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I've forwarded this along to the team and I'll let you know what we find out.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem in the new version 11.6.602.171

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand and want to get started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've learned that certain language support is limited to Flash Player on Windows 8 only.  Norwegian is one of these languages effected.  This was a change specifically made for the 11.6 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any hope to change this back?

We have several customers that realy want this back. Some are dependant on this.

Or maybe you know about a hack/soulution for us and our customers?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I don't know of any workarounds.  I would recommend opening a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com.  Once added, please let your customers know the bug URL and post back here so that others impacted can add their comments/votes.  Getting customer feedback would be the best chance we'd have at getting this addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines