• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Bridge/Win 7 freezes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First week or so of using Bridge CS6 all went well, now having lots of slow downs/freezes/delays that eventually clear up (when browsing a folder of files). Once I'm able to open a file in ACR performance is fine, but this is making Bridge unsuable for workflow. Is this a known problem and is a fix coming?

JW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add this to the problem, even clicking on drop down menus causes bridge to freeze & eventually come back to life...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a known problem.  My first guess would be interference with your anti-virus program.  Try disabling it temporally and see if that corrects the problem.  If it does you need to contact software co.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck wioth AntiVirus diable, though I did begin to notice this after update to new version of ACR (not sure if that's relevant).

Any interaction  (mouse click, keyboard arrow movement to next image, right click to open ACR) causes delay - about 6 seconds - then not repsonding message - then it evetually clears (seems to also depend on amount of images in folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge that came with CS5.5 is working well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say it worked well the fist week.  What have you added, changed since then.  Major updates, software, hardware additions?

Also, check you space on HD.  Should have 10-20 % free space to work well.

Do you have seperate drive for cache?  If you have HQ thumbs enabled and save 100 % previews that can eat up a lot of space in a weeks time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No major updates (only update was ACR)

HD free space 30-35%

Am unable to designate separate drive for cache (Bridge only lets me point to C:/Users...AppData etc.)

Turned off 100% previews & cleared cache, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in edit/preferences/cache when you try to change drive to different location is that option grayed out?

Are you running on a network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not grayed out, but there are no other choices for drives (just desktop on C drive), it's attached to a network but all drives I work off of are local, none shared.

cache.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue with windows 7 x64

Bridge CS6 (32 bit and 64 bit) hangs when opened for 20-30 seconds. Every operation after that (even clicking on the file menus) results in the same delay.

More than one operation (ie clicking on an image then trying to navigate to a folder) causes teh window to "white out" and show a "not responding" status in the title bar.

Mini-bridge in photoshop is the same.

I've tried updating the app, disabling scripts, editing ACR settings, running as admin, checking temp file paths, disabling antivirus/anti-spyware, checking firewall settings, pulling out hair, doing a rain dance, voodoo dolls and uninstalling/cleaning/re-installing the suite (production premium trial)

No effect at all

Bridge CS6 sucks right now. Please fix it Adobe

Please?

I use CS5.5 as it is and bridge is an essential part of my workflow.

I have managed to figure out a work-around though. I run the program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista (any version) and it runs fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Will give that a try, or use 5.5 (it's also essential or me workflow-wise),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inakretep wrote:

Bridge CS6 sucks right now. Please fix it Adobe

Please?

I know the pain of buying a program and then not having it work.  But for Adobe to fix a problem it must first be identified.  Then it must be reproduced on Adobe's computer so fixes can be written and tried.  And it looks like you have tried  everything I can think of.

At this point all that is known is that the program does not work on a least 2 machines.  It could be something in the OS that is not playing fair as in AppHangTransient. 

Inakretep, do you also have AppHang Transient error?

If you narrow down problem be sure to post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completely abandoned LR because of similar - and actually worse performance - though I may try compatibilty mode with LR even though there are other UI issues that won't take me back to using it. Interesting to see if this could solve LR browsing speed issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes weird problems are solved by establishing a new user account.  You might try this, as sounds like everything else has been tried.

Here is a link on how to http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compatibility mode seems to have fixed both Bridge and Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really weird as Abobe says Vista is not supported in CS6.  But hey, if it works go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Setting the Compatability Mode to "Vista (SP2)" and it seems to have fixed the problem.

I am going to clean out all the caches and recache just to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any luck finding a fix for your CS6 Bridge?  I have the same problem.  Have you tried the Compatibility Mode "fix"?  If so please let me know how that worked for you.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no success with any compatibility mode with Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

camera-raw-settings.gif

I read in another post (either here or another site) to disable TIFF Support in the Camera Raw Settings. That coupled with the compatibility mode and perhaps clearing the Bridge Cache may work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked:  I re-installed CS4 and use that Bridge.  Of course I need to change the "file extension associations" to CS6 from CS4.  Works great...feels like a weight has been lifted off.  Hey you people are more helpful that Adobe Support - pretty much a waste of time, but hey I got a case number!...thanks much..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a disappointing but helpful answer. Anyone from Adobe on this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having exactly the same problems as this and have given up on using bridge until I read this. I have set mine to run in compatibility mode for vista (service pack 2) and am delighted that it is running perfectly normal now. Thank you so much for this workaround. I find it amazing that Adobe haven't addressed this problem after the length of time people have been having severe problems using it. Poor show Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS6 compatibility mode solution did not work for me.  I reinstalled CS4 and use CS4 Bridge - it works fantastic.  The down side of this is that I can't start batches from CS4 Bridge to run the job in CS6 Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We facing the same problem with Bridge CS6 and Windows 7 (64bit). Could you solve the problem?? We don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines