• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: no known VMs. (check for corrupt jvm.cfg file)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my Coldfusion 9 server (multiserver edition on 64 bit Linux) to 9.0.1. Now when I try to start I'm getting the error:

Error: no known VMs. (check for corrupt jvm.cfg file)

I looked at the jvm.config file and java.home is pointing to the correct place (checked that based on other people's problems with this error)

This was on my dev server. On my QA and Prod servers I installed 9.0.1 from the start. So I tried copying my jvm.config from one of those machines but I still get the same error.

Anything else I can do to diagnose this error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Strange. The jrun executable was a 32 bit program. I copied jrun from one of my QA servers and I am back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. The jrun executable was a 32 bit program. I copied jrun from one of my QA servers and I am back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, due to such mismatch, VMs can't be loaded..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any idea why the 64bit update contained a 32bit version of jrun? It seemed funny that I found no indication via google search that anyone else has reported that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation