• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Problems - Glitches on one frame

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having some issues while rendering in After Effects CS6. Below are two frames that seem to glitch during rendering...

This footage was shot on P2 media. The background is a Photoshop composition. I am using a garbage matte along with keylight on the footage and no other effects. In the AE preview window, there are no problems. I am using Dynamic Link to bring the AE composition into Premiere and can see the problems in the Premiere preview window. I have also tried rendering out of After Effects to an H.264 format and lossless Quicktime format. Both had the bad frame.

I was having the same issue in another project, but then cleared the disk cache. That solved the problem. Now, I'm not sure what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Calvin

Message was edited by: Andrew Yoole - removed highlight colour from post text - it was almost impossible to read.

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have expereinced P2 glitches in PrP for a while now. I have reported it several times. I even sent then still images of the glitches. Not a priority I guess.

Please dont highlight your post. It makes it REALLY hard to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone through this same process, with P2 media, on multiple occasions and never had this issue until now.

Sorry about the highlighted text.  I copied and pasted the text from another forum, and didn't realize it came in highlighted.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit a bug report here. More on how to give feedback: http://bit.ly/93d6NF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, when I try to render straight out of After Effects, the render finishes less than a second into the composition... no matter what format I choose.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a workaround, but have you tried turning off other layers and rendering out each individual layer of your composition to an image sequence, PNG with an alpha for example, and recompositing them again in After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't done that.  I will give it a try. 

I won't be able to do that regularly though.  Right now, I have about 20 compositions that are having this issue and will continue to get the same type of projects on a weekly basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same problem and so are all of my coworkers. We have just transitioned the office from Final Cut Pro to Adobe Creative Cloud and are all using Premiere to edit and After Effects to do the keying in. Many of us do daily shows and experience this problem daily. The only way so far for us to try to fix it has been, redoing the keying on that clip and hoping that no additional bugs will happen. This is a horrible issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best and only solution I have found for this problem is to constantly empty the disk cache in After Effects and Premiere.  I would do this every time I opened up the projects and every time I was about to export media.  The problem didn't completely go away though.  I still had corrupted frames occur once in a while, but after seeing corrupted frames in every sequence I exported (20 to 40 at a time), I was relieved to only see them in two or three of the sequences.

I hope this helps!

Calvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to export to a different drive this should fix it, the drive I'm exporting now is dedicated for AE export only.

I hope this work for you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but the problem doesn't show itself only when rendering. The 'bug' can be seen inside after effects in the composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that worked for me was changing any of the tick box states within Keylight. It doesn't seem to matter which tick box you change. Battled with this for ages and purging all caches within AE (image, disk, database) didn't work. This did.

Watch this screen capture to see what I mean: https://vimeo.com/52918281

Cheers,

PJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar glitch problem last year with XDCam EX footage. The glitches were there only if Iwas in half resolution of lower. Once I was in full resolution, no more glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fruitmedia wrote:

Something that worked for me was changing any of the tick box states within Keylight. It doesn't seem to matter which tick box you change. Battled with this for ages and purging all caches within AE (image, disk, database) didn't work. This did.

Thanks, Fruitmedia!

I watched your screen capture and it seemed to work flawlessly.  Next time I run into this issue, which I'm guessing will be very soon, I will try your solution and post again with results.

Calvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the problem again and Fruitmedia's solution fixed it. 

All you have to do is unclick a tick box in the keylight effect... Works every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had this issue, most recently when using AE CS6 comps embedded within Premiere Pro sequences.  The suggestion to click and unclick an option box works sometimes, but I have found there are some frames that don't respond.  An alternative solution is to set a key frame with just a slight adjustment for any setting within Keylight that won't visibly affect the frame in question, then switch it back after the frame passes.   For me, I set the pre-screen blur to 0 px on both sides of the frame, and then to .1 for the problem frame.  This can be done easily and doesn't really compromise the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why people feel compelled to use Dynamic link.  Rendering out of AE into the codec used for the Premiere timeline works just fine, the rendering is OVER, you don't have to second-guess if there could be AE-Dynamic Link weirdness and you can get on with life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave LaRonde wrote:

I don't know why people feel compelled to use Dynamic link.  Rendering out of AE into the codec used for the Premiere timeline works just fine, the rendering is OVER, you don't have to second-guess if there could be AE-Dynamic Link weirdness and you can get on with life.

True, however there is one advantage- in that you are not consuming extra hard drive space with segments of the final product.  Of course if this comp is something that gets used frequently with no changes being made, then you would be wasting lots of rendering time by not making a fully rendered movie and just dropping in the sequence as needed, like you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extra drive space used to be an issue for me but it is not any more. My standard hourly shop rate is about the same as a terabyte of drive space so if I waste an hour rendering or trying to fix a problem that may have been caused by trying to save a bit of drive space I've just paid for another terabyte of storage. It's a no brainier to add more storage for just about every new project. It's just good business and it is more profitable than fiddling around trying to save a few GB here and there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The P2 glitches happen in PrP whether AE is used or not. Nothing has changed in 6.03. The problem is the same that I experienced in October and last summer. After making several bug reports Ive given up on expecting a quick fix for this devastating problem. If you always shoot P2, I would not edit with CS6. Its that simple at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... there is one advantage- in that you are not consuming extra hard drive space with segments of the final product.

You have to render eventually.  I don't see how this saves a great deal of storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine you have a long intro movie made in AE, now if you just link that comp into your premiere sequence then you will only have a rendered version of it in the final export. Alternatively- If you render it in AE first, then drop it into Premiere and export it out again as part of the sequence then you have what is essentially another copy of that intro sequence taking up space. This might not make a big difference for everyone, but it is a way to potentially save some space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike there is one flaw to that approach. Where the rendering is done really makes a difference.

When I do commercials I have lots of dynamically linked clips on the PrP timeline. In order to watch playback of the sequence its necessary to render it which creates preview only files (usually at a lower resolution). PrP is a lot slower rendering AE DL sequences then AE which is quite a bit faster.

So I actually save a lot of time by

1.Selecting clip on PrP timeline.

2. Making an AE DL project

3. Editing in AE

4. Exporting intermediary file from AE  making SURE I have "Project Link" checked in the export panel

5. Using fast replace function to replace AE DL clip on PrP timeline with AE movie.

6. If I need to revise the move, I right click and choose "Edit Original" which opens that AE project up. This is possible due to the Proejct Link  option when exporting from AE.

AE rendering really speeds up the workflow and on some projects every second counts  (I should add I work on an HP Z820 and still find this approach the fastest way to do things.O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I have encountered this issue again using footage from a Canon 7d.  I was not using Dynamic Link.  Therefore, I believe the issue lies solely with Keylight inside of AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I believe the message we are all in agreement on is that Keylight has

some unpredictable issues, regardless of Dynamic Linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines