• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to download older versions of After Effects?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the adobe master collection CS6 trial, and most of the products were able to download just fine except a few, some of which I didn't really care about, but After Effects was one of them unfortunately and that was one of the reasons I was downloading the collection. I looked at the system requirements and discovered that the only version my laptop could handle was CS4. Is it possible to download the trial version of this without downloading it from shady sites? I just need to try it out, although it would be nice if it was free now.

Thanks in advance.

Brendon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

You can download a 30 day time limited Trial version of After Effects CS4 here. After 30 days it will cease to function without a CS4 serial number, which you cannot purchase now if you don't already have one.

http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

Ensure that you follow the Very Important Instructions on that page first otherwise the links will not work.

You can no longer purchase After Effects CS4 and it definitely is not available for free even though it's a s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download a 30 day time limited Trial version of After Effects CS4 here. After 30 days it will cease to function without a CS4 serial number, which you cannot purchase now if you don't already have one.

http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

Ensure that you follow the Very Important Instructions on that page first otherwise the links will not work.

You can no longer purchase After Effects CS4 and it definitely is not available for free even though it's a superseded version. So you'll only get 30 days out of it.

I take it you're trying it because you have a 32 bit system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but none of the downloads are working. I just tried clicking the download trial version and it says

HTTP ERROR: 404 /support/downloads/dlm/main.jsp

RequestURI=/support/downloads/dlm/main.jsp

It's not downloading anything. Are the servers down or something? Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you must follow all 7 steps on that prodesigntools.com page.

if you see an error, you didn't follow all the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NoxiousFumes wrote:

Thanks, but none of the downloads are working.

Refer my earlier reply:

"Ensure that you follow the Very Important Instructions on that page first otherwise the links will not work."

Step 0 to Step 6. Then the links will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, now I was able to download it, but when I extracted the files it has another error, saying "Critical errors were found in setup for adobe after effects cs4: the installer database is invalid: please re-install from the orriginal media    please check the setup log files for details..." any idea what caused this? I looked and followed all the directions from 0 to 6, and followed the product installation instructions. So what did I do wrong? Can my computer not handle this version either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

run the cs cleaner in case you tried previous installs:  http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer and then try installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys removed the ability to export an FLV file from After Effects from the new version. I was told to use an older version, I can't find an older version anywhere. I have the new version which doesn't help me. Can you assist me in getting an older version for this export filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Genna Graphics what version of After Effects are you currently using?  What version of After Effects are you wanting to download and install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines