• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been lau

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw editing is not enabled. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature.This appears when the open in camera raw disc is clicked in bridge. any solutions??

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Bridge is free to download and use. Adobe Camera RAW isn't free. You need a valid version of Photoshop to use ACR through Bridge.

Simple there are 3 qualifying programs. Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and possibly Lightroom. But ACR is built into, inside, LR so no real need for Bridge or the PS ACR plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This forum is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop.  I'm moving your question to the Bridge forum for specialized attention to your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several long threads on this subject you can access if my comments do not help.

1.  Launch Bridge from all programs that contain Bridge, like Photoshop, InDesign, etc..

2.  Search for a trial you had in the past that is now exprired.  When found uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curt

Thank you very much for your reply.

As suggested I deleted all trial instalations and launched all programs that contain bridge but the issue remains. I also uninstalled then reinstalled all the adobe products and interetingly the issue was resolved but later returned. This issue exists on my Power Mac and my laptop. One thing that I presume is unusual is that occationally when I quit a programme then later reopen I am asked to licence the sotware.

Do you have any other potential solutions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may still have a trial somewhere?

THe fact that it returned after reinstall is troubling.  You might have to uninstall, run the script cleaner, and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BGT

The message appears to arise from a bug in Bridge. My copy of Bridge CS6 returns the same message on selecting Open Camera Raw over an image file. However, double-clicking the same file opens the image in the Camera Raw window inside Photoshop CS6 without any hassle.

Hope this helps

Ead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message looks like a bug in Bridge.

Don't think it is a bug for Bridge (not many people have this fault) but more computer related due to old pref files or settings. Especially when using migrate, clone or carbon copy from old to new OS and/or computers instead of reinstall from scratch with everything clean and fresh.

Uninstall and running clean scripts does help in most cases but not al files are removed by this. And sometimes the user account has been corrupted slightly and Bridge can be very critical (more then other applications) about this. If you are on a Mac an Archive and Install or recovery might also solve this. The fact the OP needs to keep licensing the software indicates system related or user account related problems also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what you have laid out are the cause, it is a common false-positive type of bug in software testing. The message says the file must be opened in a qualifying product even though it has already been done so. I wager one way of diagnosing it is to run the same operation in a brand new user profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eadig wrote:

The message appears to arise from a bug in Bridge. My copy of Bridge CS6 returns the same message on selecting Open Camera Raw over an image file. However, double-clicking the same file opens the image in the Camera Raw window inside Photoshop CS6 without any hassle.

This works as you are now opening ACR from Photoshop, rather than from Bridge.  But it is the same Camera Raw you open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a close error message in the KB, but I don't think it could work here, as Suite color management is only enabled for suites, and not for single products, like ACR is, but I will post it nonetheless in case it could foster an aha! moment for someone...

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-suite-color-management-enabled.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an older discussion on the topic, with an engineer that asks for log files: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/890183

and a "workaround" that someone published online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzpGJRP-daA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use OPEN WITH when you get the dreaded message, I use open with PHOTOSHOP.  Works like a charm.  Clicking the circle does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a solution link . Just copy the amtlib.dll from your Photoshop directory and copy it to your bridge directory to make sure they are the same version, this usually fixes this error message. (of course replace the file and maybe before do a copy of it from Bridge folder). Hope it will helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

Which answer was the one that fixed your problem? If we know that than we can identify that as the "Answer" and if others have the same problem they know which answer you received is the correct one.

Thanks for your help,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the amtlib copy idea and afterwards Bridge crashes when I double-click a raw-file in it. Does the amtlib-idea only work, when the computer is restarted?

I tried IAMDIPANJAN's idea with opening the file first in PS and then in Bridge and I still get the same error message.

Any new ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2015) on 19 July 2016. This update is available via Adobe Creative Cloud application. Could you please check if you experience the same issue in the new version.

If you are not able to locate the Bridge (CC 2015) on Creative Cloud application, you will need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i just installed the last version of bridge cc 2017 using cloud and I have the same problem. can you provide a valid solution for this problem ?

For your information, I have already tried to replace the .dll file, re-install the application (many times), reboot etc.

Nothing worked.

it seems that many people are affected by this issue, and I am surprised that Adobe is not able to provide an answer to this problem.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Can you please elaborate in "amtlib copy" idea.

Thanks

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Open Adobe Photoshop first. Open a Camera Raw file in Photoshop.

Then open Bridge from within Photoshop from File> Browse in Bridge.

Then try to open Raw files in Bridge. That should work.

We need to launch the parent product of Bridge first ( in this case Photoshop). Then we need to open the images in Bridge and it should work normally. 

Thank you,

Dipanjan Das

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this simple idea just worked! no copying no formating, just opening bridge from photoshop. would you marry me @IAMDIPANJAN ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) If you don't already have it, you should download the newest version of Adobe's  "Camera Raw"  program. This would be the program that actually reads the Raw and can edit it (opening via Photoshop or Bridge)

Capture.JPG

2) Do you have Photoshop / try opening Photoshop first. I usually edit my Raw in Photoshop itself.

3) In Bridge, up in the top bar under "Label" / "Tools" / "Window" / "Help"   there's a little camera shutter icon. Select the Raw image and click the shutter icon. That open the Raw editor in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grrr, trying to find a program to manage my photo library. Tries this, but it's still broken. I just get an error trying to open any photos in Camera Raw. I need a "Qualifying program" - Why not give a list of such "Qualifying programs" idk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is free to download and use. Adobe Camera RAW isn't free. You need a valid version of Photoshop to use ACR through Bridge.

Simple there are 3 qualifying programs. Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and possibly Lightroom. But ACR is built into, inside, LR so no real need for Bridge or the PS ACR plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these suggestions work for me. I have had Photoshop since CS 1. I now have CC. How do I demonstrate that I have a "valid version" of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines