• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

use.typekit.com is KILLING the Adobe forums - please remove it from the site

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TSIA.  use.typekit.com is the reason why these forums are excrutiatingly S L O W.

Will Adobe kindly kick use.typekit.com to the curb, so some activity can actually take place?

Thank you,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't notice any slowness on the Adobe Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try an alternative browser or a different machine. It works fine at our end as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor do I.

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have another machine.  This is happening in FF and IE.

I used to post in here several times a day.  Now, I only check once or twice a day, and post only if I feel I _really_ have something to offer, because every click takes an average of three minutes to actually produce some result.  It got to the point where I would just shut the browser off in frustration.

I do not have this problem with any other website (Google, CodingForums.com, etc, all load in seconds.)  Just the three Adobe forums that I check, regularly (ColdFusion, DreamWeaver, ColdFusion Administration).  After clicking on a bookmark, or a link within these forums, the browser will sit with statusText of "Waiting for http://use.typekit.com..".. and then it will sit.. and sit.. browser icon (IE and FF) just animating over and over.  After about three minutes of that, then the page STARTS to load content, but that takes 20-30 seconds to complete, once it starts.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still: it's a problem with your machine, not the forums themselves.

What happens if you browse to the URL that is responding slowly (the only typekit URL I can see on this page is http://use.typekit.com/fxk4olf.js. Is that the one you're seeing being slow)? What do you get if you do a tracert on it?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would paste the message, here, but IE won't let me paste what I've copied.  Basically, it says "Network error: A communication error occurred ' '".

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds to me like your browser is screwed mate.

Try D/Ling Chrome and using that instead. It's lightyears ahead of IE, and substantially better than FF for general browsing.

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or else, try resetting your browsers. That may help.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I "reset" my browsers?

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions for IE reset - no change.  It still takes about three minutes to get any page within adobe.com to load.

Is there anything else I can try?

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would suggest the same, in that case

Try D/Ling Chrome and using that instead. It's lightyears ahead of IE, and substantially better than FF for general browsing.

--
Adam

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome started out great.  But ever since they started releasing "NEW" versions every other week, Chrome is now just as bloated as IE, and it doesn't work as well with JavaScript (I've had minor issues.)  EDIT: Besides, this is happening in both IE and FF, so I doubt Chrome will be any different.

IMHO, these forums are the BEST resource for CF and DW support that I've ever found.  I really don't want to not come here seeking help.  But if this is going to continue to be an issue, I won't have much of a choice, because sitting for three minutes waiting for a click response is costing me too much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saying that Chrome is as bloated as IE is a gross overstatement. And saying that Chrome has JS issues while you are using IE is...  I just don't know what that is.

Regardless, you're right. getting Chrome will probably not solve the issue. The issue is either withy oru machine or with your network. 

Are you sure you can't try it from any other machine?  Preferably two machines, one that is on the same network and one that is not. That may help you narrow down the issue.

Also, try disabling anti-virus and firewalls and see if that changes anything.

You appear to be the only one having these issues, so clearly something is wrong on yoru end and you need to trouble-shoot.  Despite your Chrome bashing, I wish you luck in fixing this.

Bloated... pfft.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a very peculiar outlook on the web if you position IE as being superior in any way to Chrome. It's quite simply not. IE has been a laughing stock for a number of years now. This is not anti-Microsoft bias (I rail against those types, I have the deepest respect for Microsoft), it's just that IE is shit. Everyone knows this. You'd have to be one of the few web professionals that even uses it for anything other than browser-compat testing.

Aside from that, if these forums are so important to you, then put your money where your mouth is. Fix your computer. The problem is not with the forums, it's with your machine. So do something about fixing it. Don't just say "no, don't want to do that".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade wrote:

I would paste the message, here, but IE won't let me paste what I've copied.  Basically, it says "Network error: A communication error occurred ' '".

Is this in response to my request asking you to browse to the URL that was giving you a problem?

You need to put more effort into feeding back to us. If your IE install doesn't work properly, use a different browser. But from what you say, you have a network issue on your end.

Did you do the tracert?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracert: The first two resolved fine, no problems; all the rest are "Request Timed Out" and don't give an IP address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right: so it sounds like your network is blocking that IP address. Which'd be what your problem is.  Get it unblocked.

(or do what Tim suggests).

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could propose a workaround.. I am not really sure what use.typekit.com offers that the site is using.. but I put the following entry in my hosts file

use.typekit.com

The adobe site still comes up fine and doesn't look any different.  All your symptoms points to that fact that *you* have an issue with your network,firewall, etc.. The above workaround may bypass trying to connect to use.typekit.com at all.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation