• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from CS 5.5 to Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have CS 5.5. If I want to upgrade JUST InDesign, will I still be able to use the other programs in the suite?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

When you purchase a suite, you cannot normally upgrade individual parts of it, you have to upgrade the entire suite.  You would need special permission/support from Adobe to be able to upgrade just the one application.

If you have software installed you can continue to use that software even if you upgraded the entire suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you purchase a suite, you cannot normally upgrade individual parts of it, you have to upgrade the entire suite.  You would need special permission/support from Adobe to be able to upgrade just the one application.

If you have software installed you can continue to use that software even if you upgraded the entire suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A subscription to the Creative Cloud though would give access to all of the Adobe Creative Software.  Pearl's Mom are you planning on subscribing to the Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering the upgrade, but as a semi-retired freelancer, it is an expensive proposition. I have client accounts that require Illustrator and InDesign, but really don't need a Photoshop upgrade. My InDesign client receives his product as an interactive pdf. The Illustrator clients need vector art for flexo. Not sure my volume with either can justify the full Suite upgrade.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow what Ned stated then in message #1.  Your original post was confusing as you referenced the Creative Cloud.  It would appear instead you are looking to purchase an upgrade instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff ....I was trying to determine which is most affordable. Think I'll got for the upgrade ...it won't take too many months to pay for itself.

Again, I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines