• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updating to Flash version 11.6.602.171 - can no longer play any embedded videos..and worse

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To begin with, I'm running a clean AMD 64 Bit Windows 7 System.  Never any problems with any of my video playing scenarios - until now - with this version 11.6.602.171.

After downloading and installing both versions - both for Firefox (other browsers) and IE, none of my browsers can play videos unless they are at their lowest resolution of 240.

So I used the Adobe Flash Uninstaller and ensured that the last vestages of Flash Player were removed - and reinstalled - all to no avail.

Then I downloaded the archived version of 10.3 to see if a previous version would work.  But that wouldn't work either.  None of my browsers will play videos now and I'm talking:

IE 10

Firefox 19.01

Avant Browser

Google Chrome

Google Chromium

Commodo Dragon

Commodo Ice Dragon

Opera

Waterfox

Pale Moon

None will play the video.

What you get is the video screen but unless you have a 240 option (lowest resolution), all you get is a green screen.  You hear the talking/music, but there is no picture and all the green screen does is flash.  Here's a JPG of the screen.  If you put your cursor anywhere on the progress meter (arrow) it will show you a small image of what's supposed to be playing (see below), but the screen remains green and flashes while playing.

Image 1.jpg

Now here is where it gets interesting.  When I completely uninstall Adobe Flash Player and then go to a You Tube embedded video (on any site), there first appears a screen that tells you that you need a plug-in - but then within seconds (without downloading anything), the movie starts playing normally.

I then checked my Firewall (Zone Alarm) - turned it off temporarily - that wasn't the problem.  Then checked my latest version of Avast AntiVirus software and temporarily turned it off - that was not the problem either.  The videos still won't work and remain green unless you use the lowest resolution.

So this new version 11.6.602.171 has become a nightmare - but I'm afraid it messed up my system big time and I don't know what to do to alleviate this.

Crying HELP!!!!!!!!!!   Is there something I'm overlooking.  I'm now screwed - way to go Adobe for releasing such a faulty software product.

Ben Herrmann

North Carolina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benherrmann wrote:

way to go Adobe for releasing such a faulty software product.

I do not have any problems with 11.6.602.171 on IE10, Firefox 19.0.1, or Waterfox.

Your screenshot (green) could indicate a conflict with your graphics driver; what is your display adapter, device driver version & date?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I keep my ATI drivers up to date and I'm running the latest version (13-1_vista_win7_win8-64_dd_ccc_whql).  I've had no issues whatsoever with that video driver.  It was only when I updated my flash players for both IE and other browsers, that this issue immediately began.

What's confusing now is that although I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the flash players on several occasions (all to no avail), the problem remains.  And even when reverting back to an earlier flash player, the problem now seems set - across all browsers. 

There must be a setting or something I'm overlooking but I cannot find out which one - thus the request for suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I am running windows7.  Everything was fine until flash updated.  I did an uninstall and install of the previous version and I still get nothing. I am going to regedit to make sure all files are gone.  I will let you know, it seems the new update is conflicting with something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@benhermann - If reverting to a previous version doesn't help, then it sounds like something else on your system is interfering.  This sounds like a problem other users have encountered with ATI and a couple of Microsoft KB updates.  Please see this post for details.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4865912#4865912#4865912

@woodsd81200 - Are you also getting a green screen when playing videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I was not. I was not getting anything.  I uninstalled those windows update and I will re install adobe and let you know I hope it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@woodsd81200 - If you weren't getting anything, then you might have had a different problem.  Before going to much further, reinstall Flash Player and then try to go to this page.  What version is displayed?

Flash Player Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing is coming up nothing runs it is white

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@woodsd81200 - What browser and OS are you using?  Assuming it's Windows/IE, please try the steps outlined in these FAQs:

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enabled and active  not on

i am running windows 7 and ie 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try rebooting your computer into safe mode with networking enabled.  Then test Flash Player again.  It sounds like you have something on your system that is conflicting or blocking Flash from working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am all so have the same problem. have the latest video drives 13.1for HD 4670 i think it has nothing to do with hardware and more like flash it self. the only way to temporarily fix it is to turn off  hardware acceleration in flash settings by right clicking on the video and click settings a box will pop up you'll see tabs click on the first one un check the hardware acceleration check box. the last version of flash i used was like 11.5 don't remember the rest of the version number but it was working fine. i believe this happened with 11.2 of flash with nvidia cards cus they took something out of flash player and now the same thing has happened with the amd cards or to random people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sahloknir - If possible, try going back to the previous version of Flash Player, or our 10.3 release to see if that resolves the issue for you.  Please let me know how it works out.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so far nothing seem to work i even tired to reinstall my video drivers and ran CCleaner still dos the same thing what ever flash player 11.6.602.171 change it messed with all of the flash players even 10.3 and it stuck on my computer the only fix that works is turn off hardware acceleration for flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i noticed that flash ActiveX is not being installed any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems and posed a discussion question a few days ago with same issues. I have Windows 7 (64-bit) and IE9.

The latest Flash Player would not play on IE - 9 or Chrome or Firefox.

After hours of trying different things recommended by the forum I finally tried IE-9 (64-bit) and it works perfectly there.

I had been using IE-9 (32-bit) as my browser . Looks like I will have to switch to IE-9 (64-bit) However, I still cannot get it work on Chrome or Firefox.

Is there a 32-bit version of Flash Player that I need to download too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have java 6 on my machine because I was java issues with 7.  Could that be it?  I tried IE 9 64 bit and it did not work.  I did a clean install, it did not work.  I have unistalled na dinstalled several times.  ADOBE PLEASE FIX........OBVIOUSLY THERE IS AN ISSUE.....VERY FRUSTRATING.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Vista 32 bit, Firefox browser, current Flash Player 11.6.602.171, but my Active X also seems to have disappeared.  Have you figured out how to get it back?  This constant crashing started occurring with this new Flash Player version and is a nuisance!  Adobe, where is the support?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my problem!  Had nothing to do with Active X Version not being there.  Try this out -- hope it helps:

1.  Open: Windows Task Manager

2.  Select: Services tab at the BOTTOM (not top Services tab) for the Services window

3.  Look for: Adobe Flash Player and double click/select it for the Adobe Flash Player Update Service Properties window

4.  In the Adobe Flash Player Service Property window, in the General tab, look under Startup Type tab and ensure it is Automatic NOT Manual.  Change if necessary, Apply, then Okay your change.

This fixed it for me.  No more crashes, running smoothly, awesome videos!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tishmez: i went to go try your fix but i couldint find Adobe Flash Player in Services i dont know if its cus im useing firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 7(64-bit) & IE9(32-bit) and tried to use your way to fix it... but I just couldn't find Adobe Flash Player in Services. Please help!!! I am so frustrated about the newest version of flash player right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I get the newest version of flash player working.....(currently using windows7 64-bit and IE9 32-bit )  But it took me more than 5 hours....(Still don't know what the real problem was) What I did was... Restore my computer back to its original factory condition and then reinstall everything from the beginning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've solved the problem - but it cost me money.....

Before purchasing a new Video card today, I did the following:

1.  Uninstalled and reinstalled various versions of Flash Player - all to no avail.  Also went into the registry after the next to the last uninstall to remove any last vestiges of Flash.  That didn't work either.  The frustrating part here is that none of this was an issue with previous versions of Flash.

2.  I also double checked to see if my Antivirus or Firewall was doing anything to interfere.

4.  I then checked to see what software that I may have installed, plug-ins, etc., within the same time I updated flash to see where any conflicts might be possible - no luck here.

3.  I then rebooted into safe mode - same scenario - just the green screen (sound was OK, but that was it).

Now please note - I have an ATI video card with 1 Gig of RAM and it has always functioned superbly - until this latest version of flash came out.

So after much frustration, I went to Best Buy today and purchased another video card - with 2 Gig's of DDR5 RAM.  Installed it.  Then I reinstalled both versions of Flash Player (the plug-in version for Firefox and other browsers, and the AX version for IE).  Then I tried the videos and they were all back to normal.

I took my other video card (which was 1.5 years old and just to be inquisitive, installed it in another PC I have (with a previous version of Flash Player), and all functioned fine there.

So I don't know what to tell you - but the culprit (on some systems) seems to be this newest version of Flash Player.  I really didn't want to dish out another $175 for a new video card when the other one functioned just fine - but I did it anyway.  Call it obsessive compulsive, or whatever - but in the end, Flash Player is now working.

But on my system - and after everything I've tried - the problems didn't start happening until I downloaded and installed this newest version of Flash.

Oh well.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just disabled hardware accelerateion and everything works.  I went to Microsoft and downloaded Mr fixit to disable hardware acceleration, I went back to adobe and the placeholder that shows my operating system and flash version finally showed up.   It works now on 32 and 64 bit versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found a fix its the 13.1 drivers or flash but i uninstall all of the amd drivers and software and let windows revert back to the Microsoft driver for my hd 4670 1GB DDR3 and works now also the new flash was messing with the AMD OverDrive the comes with amd catalyst only when i uninstall flash AMD OverDrive started working again.

i hope this gets fixed soon cus i cant keep installing drivers and uninstalling driver so i can watch videos and plays games

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines