• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 playing video but showing black screen?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Debut video capture software and installed some codecs for it. I recorded some videos and imported them to premiere. When I put it in the sequence and press play, it just shows a black screen, but the sounds play. I played it in photoshop and vlc fine but not premiere pro. Also, I opened a project i've been working on before the video capture install and it plays the sound but shows a blank preview. It worked fine before. How can I fix this? Do I reinstall premiere, or reset something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Well, I found out the problem, somehow Premiere wasn't auto running on my Nvidia card and that's why it didn't work. I reinstalled Premiere and now my main project's media is all unlinked and the audio is messed up.

Thanks for all of your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this affect all videos in premiere, or only those recorded using your capture device?

If Premiere refuses to play anything, check your preferences to make sure you are not targeting the wrong playback hardware. If Premiere is told to use a device it cannot find, it tends to just stop trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all videos don't play, no matter what format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obvious first step is to install Debut and anything else it installed. Screen capture programs often hook into the display chain and can cause no end of problems with applications that use direct hardware access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stanley,

If you are able to play them in VLC then I would suggest in a pinch to convert them to H264 in VLC and then import those into Premiere. I convert many different codes from security footage and sometimes it's just easier to have VLC convert to a format that I know Premiere will open.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

What CODEC is used by your capture software?

What CODEC's did you install?

Were those recently installed CODEC's in a free CODEC "pack," and if so, which one please?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it was an .mp4 and .avi codec but the program downloaded it within itself, I didn't install a codec pack or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I found out the problem, somehow Premiere wasn't auto running on my Nvidia card and that's why it didn't work. I reinstalled Premiere and now my main project's media is all unlinked and the audio is messed up.

Thanks for all of your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines