Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp creates the following files in the webhelp output:

• WEBHELP.CAB
  • webhelp.jar
  • whres.xml
  • whskin_papplet.htm

We have been using Adobe Robohelp since version X5 and in most cases, the above files were found in the webhelp output folder. These files are deployed in the application and I assume that they are required for the webhelp to work as expected.

I would like to get the following information:

1. Are the above applets digitally signed by Adobe (since Robohelp version X5)?
  2. If not, what is the method to get these applets digitally signed by Adobe?

This information is very critical for us and I request Adobe to please help with details. Please let me know if you require any other information. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

RoboHelp X5 was the last eHelp version and was ever so briefly rebranded by macromedia. There is no way that Adobe would be involved in providing any digital signature for those old files.

While I'm unsure as to the version where it began, I do believe that those files no longer exist in WebHelp output, so digital signatures should be moot.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for the response. Adobe confirmed that they have not used these files from version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp