• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 10 won't show Captivate Demo SWF in ePub

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Captivate Demo SWF and generated both SWF and HTML5 outputs.

In Robohelp 10, I inserted the SWF file and it shows and runs correctly when I preview it in Robohelp. The page only has a title and the SWF. However, when I publish an ePub, only the text shows when I use ADE to view the file- the SWF does not appear.

I don't know where to begin looking to troubleshoot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the standard, but I believe ePUB doesn't support video. You may want to create multiscreen HTML5 for a mobile device - see the MS HTML5 forum for help with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ePub 3 does support video and HTML5. Video in ePub depends on the viewer you use. If I remember correct, Adobe Digital Editions correctly shows SWF, but for other video formats (mp4 etc.) you need iBooks from Apple.

It has been quite some time since I played with video in ePub, so my memory may be off. I'll dig into this, but it may be a some time.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The SWF is a Captivate demo and doesn't include any video clips, just slides. I've followed the instructions in http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WSF2645FE2-E332-45ed-A840-5180DFFEDFA0.html.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bummer, it seems Flash content (or any active content for that matter) is no longer supported in ADE. Although it used to work: http://www.adobe.com/nl/products/digital-editions/release-notes.html Note the line:

“Digital Editions will not support embedded audio and video (such as H.264 streaming, MP3, or FLV).”

Movie support in ePub is limited to video formats that use H.264 or WebM encoding (http://idpf.org/accessibility/guidelines/content/xhtml/video.php). Unfortunately, support for this varies per device/application.

My bet: Convert your Captivate content to mp4 and insert that in your RH project. It won’t work on ADE, but it may work on other readers.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp