• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is the correct install order?

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to install CS6 creative suite production premium upgrade, uninstall creative SB x Fi drivers and remove that card to give me room for the new GTX660 graphics card and drivers, hack program from video1productions.  Is there a specific order that needs to be followed to get all to work correctly the first time?     The reason I do not have room are the blackmagic design and firewire cards.  I will be using an external usb audio input if and when I might want to use that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

install cs6 after installing your updated graphics card drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

normally, you would:

uninstall you sound card drivers

remove your sound card

add your graphics card

install your graphics card drivers.

but the phrase "hack program from video1productions" makes no sense the way you used it so i'm not sure if that is supposed to convey significant information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it matter when I do the CS6 upgrade install?    Here is a quote from the video1productions that will give me the advantage of the mercury playback engine: 

Adobe 

has

only “certified” a few video cards using the NVIDIA chip set. (See Note 1, About Adobe's Certified Video Cards). If you don't have a certified card, there is no problem. You can just edit a file and add your video card to a list of video cards. Once you do that, Adobe After Effects CS6 will use your NVidia video card's GPU with the ray-traced 3D rendering engine.

Some people call this a "hack", "mod", patch or unlocking the video card. Whatever you want to call it, this will not make it a "certified" video card in the eyes of Adobe. But, it will let you use the GPU with the ray traced 3D render engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

install cs6 after installing your updated graphics card drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines