• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE 10: Flash freeze with mouse movement

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FP 11.6.602.171 with IE 10 RTM in Windows 7 (x64), many flash apps will freeze when mouse cursor is moving over the flash area.

Disabling HW Accell in both IE10 and/or FP will not solve the problem.

I made a video to show off it happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3DCFTMouxw

PS: It wasn't happening with IE 10 Release Preview and flash 11.6.602.168

Edit: Looks like someone else already filled a bug for the same thing:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3507613

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Finally! It looks like that

THIS BUG WAS FIXED by Microsoft in June's update for IE 10:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2838727

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have IE10 RTM windows 7 64bit sp1 and get lag and freezing on flash apps/games like omgpop pool    http://www.omgpop.com/games/pool

IE10 Pre was fast and smooth, but RTM is not.

all flash versions freeze, even the new on as of 2 march 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SE09uk12, also give a Vote in the Bugbase where you commented (use the button "MyVote"), maybe it will bring more attention from Adobe to this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done i think

More people on youtube have problems too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3DCFTMouxw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick it might be the platform update that we got with IE10 RTM,  KB2670838. I removed all back up files so don't think I can remove it. you might want to try add/remove programs ms updates to remove it.

no problem if you can't. i will try a vpc with 7 64bit and IE10 RTM without the update RTM,  KB2670838.

The update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838

looks like it "fixed"

• Direct2D
  • DirectWrite
  • Direct3D
  • Windows Imaging Component (WIC)
  • Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform (WARP)
  • Windows Animation Manager (WAM)
  • XPS Document API
  • H.264 Video Decoder
  • JPEG XR codec

I'm not saying it is the update that is the problem, but it's worth a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried removing that update, and then IE10 got removed automatically...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install IE10 RTM from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages will it install without the KB2670838.

sorry for any inconvenience caused by removing the KB and IE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's okay, I was just trying for a solution.  I'm going to use IE9 until this is fixed, anyway.

I think you can't install IE10 without the update, because during the installation, it will grab some "necessary updates", which include KB2670838.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks for the info. i'm installing win 7 ie10 on a vps to play around with a fix. will let you know if i fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.  My experience with IE10 on Win7 is very limited.  Other than installing it and making sure Flash loaded, I haven't done much more.  I've used it a lot in Win 8, but I suspect this is specific to Win 7.  Anyway, I'll keep this in mind and ask the team to continue investigating.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick way to see the problem is go to omgpop pool (register to test single player) start  pool from the pull down menu (games, pool) not the flash image, select create match, then private match, play alone.

spin the pool cue around the ball, it will start freezing. play for a min and the game will start freezing.

This did not happen on IE10 pre for Windows 7 64bit. The problem is on Windows 7 64bit IE10 RTM. (IE10 RTM is using 32bit tabs in a 64bit browser as is the new default in IE10)

------

From MS...   "for compatibility with plug-ins, IE 10 on the desktop runs 32-bit tabs by default. 

If the user turns on “Enhanced Protected Mode” in Internet Options, Advanced;

they will have 64-bit tabs by default for IE 10 on the Desktop."

-----

Windows 7 64bit home premium sp1, i7 960, AMD 5870, 6gb DDR3.

My son has the same, but 32bit os and it seems ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, what if you turn on Enhanced Protected Mode to force IE10 using 64-bit tabs?  Does it solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With "Enhanced Protected Mode" (from Advanced options) enabled it still freezes the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be useful to note that in Fullscreen freeze doesn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the RTM version (10.0.9200.16521) with omgpop's pool game and I see the slowdown that occurs when the mouse is being moved over the play field.  I'll talk with Zhe (bug owner) and let him know.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.  BTW, could you change the importance of the bug from 0-Unknown to anything else, say, always happens?  I didn't know that I can't change it after the bug filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.  I've also talked with Zhe and sent him the steps to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Should we wait for a fix coming from Microsoft or from Adobe?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the new flash update version 11,6,602,180 still lags and freezes in IE10 RTM 10.0.9200.16521

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been investigating this issue but don't have a fix yet.  We're reaching out to Microsoft to see if they have guidance (especially relevant since there were reports that this only started with the RTM version of IE10.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Imo, it seems a problem on Microsoft side, since pre-RTM versions of IE10 weren't affected.

However, I don't know if Adobe could implement a workaround for that bug.

We'll stay in the waiting line...lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a week.  So... any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've submitted the bug to Microsoft, will have to wait for their response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to reply to this i got a similar problem even if i move my mouse not over the banner or a flash video it still stutters if i dont move my mouse most video,s or banners are smooth problem is only with IE10 not with IE9 or Chrome.

when i try to move a mouse on most banners or video,s that or not in fullscreen mode i got the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Flash Player updated to 11.7 but I don't have time to try it with IE10 yet.  Does it fix this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines