• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE 10 problem

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already typed this a minute ago! Where did my question go?

New computer. Win 7, IE 10. Can't download my purchased Acrobat 8 product. Get "browser too old" message. Help! I paid $299 for this product 5/7/07 and now need it on my new computer.

Thanks,

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the eamil, but what are you talking about? IE 10 is the latest greatest from MS. I refuse to install another browser!!! I just want the product I paid $299 for and they wouldn't send me a DVD version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all browsers work well with all websites when it comes to downloading files.  It's your call if you choose to refuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's BS! Microsoft and Adobe are the biggest in the world! Adobe's message is just plain wrong! The message from Adobe after I find my original order and clic "Download" specifically states I'm using IE 4.0 or older! Whatever gave it that information is wrong! LIke I said, I'm using IE 10.

All I want to do is download a file from Adobe that I paid $299 for! What difference does the browser make, especially when I'm using the most update in the world!! If there was somebody at Adobe I could just email they could send the file by attachment but I can't see where I can email them. All I could find is this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What difference does the browser make,

Surprisingly, it can make all the difference between downloading and not downloading - and not just with Adobe.

In the time you've taken to write these posts, you could have downloaded Chrome or Firefox and downloaded your product.

You are correct that it should be possible to download your product in IE10.

Since it's not working smoothly, the quickest answer to get you up and running may be to simply use a different browser for downloading. Takes a few minutes. I keep IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari installed and up to date at all times in case of these glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comment about being the biggest in the world doesn't carry much weight considering your current circumstances.  You wouldn't be here looking for help if they were indeed the great things you imagine them to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reporting a bug in Adobe's download capability! If it's effecting me it must be effecting many other people. It doesn't not correctly recognize what browser version I have. Don't they have any desire to hear about bugs at Adobe? Do any of you guys have any connections/contacts with Adobe?

No, I do not want more than one browser, thank you! This is a brand new 2 day old computer I'm forced to buy because of so much crap on prior computer (i.e. multiple browsers, endless updates, etc.) that have rendered that machine useless! I refuse to play that game any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to report it via the official Bug Report form. Don't expect a reply to your submission though.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

But then what?

You're still left in your original position with no Acrobat 8 downloading via IE10 unless you install an alternative browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other option you might try is to download it as a trial version from the page linked below...

You can download the trial version of the software using the link below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site.

http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

which kinda makes me wonder where you are trying to download Acrobat 8 from to begin with?

I know there is at least one product that Adobe provides older versions to download, but I don't recall Acrobat being that one.

One other thing that might await you if you are able to download it... it is possible that Acrobat 8 might not be compatible with a Windows 7 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely this is a bug that occurs on many websites.  I think that the script that is interpreting the user-agent string interprets 'MSIE 10.0' as 'MSIE 1'.

Logical solution (until the bug is fixed): use another browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EFHask are you attempting to download Acrobat 8 Professional from your order page?  If not which location are you attempting to download from?

If you wish to continue with Internet Explorer 10 you may want to try reseting your security and privacy settings.  You can also try disabling any plug-ins or add-ons to see if those maybe interferring.

Alternately as others have already stated you can try downloading the software using an alternate browser as well.  It is often a more expedient option when faced with compatability issues.

Finally, as Ned indicated, even with your current browser configuration you should be able to download Acrobat 8 Professional by following the directions listed at http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html.  Please make sure to complete the Very Important Instructions section prior to scrolling down the page and clicking on the download links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, yes, that is what I'm trying to do, download Acrobat 8 Standard which I purchased a few years back! However I just found the original .exe I downloaded when I purchased it. That's the good news. I just tried to run that .exe and got a new error message saying "This program has known compatibility problems with your operating system (Win 7)". I believe the .exe is first trying to install Adobe Reader 7. Why, I don't have a clue. I have already installed Reader 11 and it works fine so far.

Am I asking too much for Acrobat 8 to function using Windows 7? Will I be forced to buy Acrobat 11? If so, is there an "upgrade" price for us 8 users? I'm not finding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You maybe able to get Acrobat 8 to install but there could most certainly be compatibility issues.  I would recommend posting your installation difficulties with Acrobat 8 to the Acrobat Installation & Update Issues forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat/installation_and_update_installation.

Acrobat 8 does currently qualify for upgrade pricing.  Please see http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/buying-guide-upgrade-pricing.html.

Do you have an order number for your Acrobat 8 order I can reference?  I am happy to report the difficulties you experienced but it maybe beneficial to be able to reference your order details to help duplicate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Order #AD000799375. But I'm sure Pat #10 above is correct. The download site doesn't handle 2 digit version numbers!

Upgrade is about $140 bucks! I guess is says in fine print somewhere prior versions may not be usable on newer computers. Sigh...too rich for my blood!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you for the order number.  Btw I checked your order and it was for Acrobat 8 Standard.  This means the installer on the Prodesigntools site will not work for you as it only offers Acrobat 8 Professional.  It does appear that if you wish to download the Acrobat 8 Standard installer you will need to utilize a different web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines