Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Help

Level 1

I installed the trial of LiveCycle workbench, then unistalled it and installed the trial for LiveCycle Designer and its asking me for a serial number before it will complete the install. Why? and how do I fix the trial version? 

2 Replies

Employee

Moving this discussion to the LiveCycle Designer forum.

Level 4

It's because of the way we sell and license Designer. There are two ways of getting Designer.  It's part of the LiveCycle Enterprise Suite and comes with LiveCycle Workbench.  If you buy a module of LiveCycle Suite your organization is licensed to use Workbench and by extension the Designer in conjunction with the ES server.  To simplify the install process we do not require a serial number to install Workbench or the ES server.  Since LiveCycle ES is a large corporate purchase our customers are pretty good about complying with their license agreement. We also sell just the LiveCycle Designer on the Adobe store as some customers use it just with Reader and/or Acrobat - https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayProduct&categoryPath....  To ensure these customers don't use the trial instead of purchasing it we protect it with a serial number.