• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9 stopped working after a computer change

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Creative Suite 4 Web Premium on an older Macbook Pro, then upgraded to Creative Suite 5 Web Premium. No problem. Then I changed to a new Macbook Pro a few months ago and Acrobat Pro 9 stopped working. Told me it was part of a suite and I needed to launch another member of the suite for it to work - which I tried but it still didn't work. So I uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled it. Now it tells me that "Licensing for this product has stopped working" and I should uninstall and reinstall - which I've done several times. I have all original discs and serial numbers. The old computer was wiped clean before turning it over to my wife. Acrobat 9 remains unusable for me. What's up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

run the acrobat cleaner:  http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

then install acrobat 9.3 from your web premium suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the url suggested, I read this:

IMPORTANT: THIS TOOL IS NOT FOR USE WITH ANY CREATIVE SUITE PRODUCTS INCLUDING SUITES THAT CONTAIN ACROBAT. IT CAN ONLY BE USED WITH STANDALONE VERSIONS OF ACROBAT AND ADOBE READER.

As I noted in my original post, I installed Acrobat as part of a suite. What do you advise now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone to the cscleaner url and see that I have to uninstall before cleaning, then restart and reinstall: does this apply only to the component I'm having a problem with (Acrobat) or do I have to uninstall/reinstall the entire suite?

And since my full version was CS4 and CS5 is an upgrade, do I have to reinstall CS4 first and then reinstall CS5? Surely there's an easier way to repair Acrobat...

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only install the latest version. It will ask for the serial of the previous product for verification during the install process.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. However, one of my questions remains unanswered: do I have to uninstall and reinstall the entire suite or just Acrobat? It is only Acrobat I'm having a problem with. Everything else is fine. Note that in CS5 Acrobat has its own install disc, separate from the rest of the suite.

If I have to scrub the whole suite, here's my current understanding of what to do:

1) Uninstall every single component of CS5

2) Use CS Cleaner

3) Reinstall the complete CS5

Right? Or can I just uninstall Acrobat, use CS Cleaner, and then reinstall Acrobat?

Thanks again.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for an answer to my last questions before proceeding:

do I have to uninstall and reinstall the entire suite or just Acrobat? It is only Acrobat I'm having a problem with. Everything else is fine. Note that in CS5 Acrobat has its own install disc, separate from the rest of the suite.

If I have to scrub the whole suite, here's my current understanding of what to do:

1) Uninstall every single component of CS5

2) Use CS Cleaner

3) Reinstall the complete CS5

Right? Or can I just uninstall Acrobat, use CS Cleaner, and then reinstall Acrobat?

Would really appreciate some help here. Thanks.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no hard and fast rule.

Try uninstalling just Acrobat in the first instance.

If it doesn't work, try uninstalling the entire Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines