• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Punctuation Getting Replaced in Published Files

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What causes punctuation to get replaced with ASCII characters in published files?  How do I fix this? Also, I don't see the issue when I publish the file to my desktop and look at it.  I'm seeing the problem when the help file is accessed from the applications UI.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us some more info & a screenshot and maybe we'll be able to help ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOC_Apostrophe.png

Hi Jeff,

Here is a screen capture of a portion of a table of contents that is on the page.  The apostrophe in the word "Don't" was replaced.  This problem occurs randomly and anywhere in the help content.  I have seen this issue before with other doc authoring tools but don't remember how I fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't really tell if it's been replaced just by looking at it - you would have to examine the HTML code - it appears to me that whatever you're using to view that page doesn't understand the apostrophe symbol coding. Try other browsers, check your font usage, check your css for font family substitutions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp