Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I purchased photoshop cs6 in dec 2012 and loaded my cs3 but upgrade won't work

Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to upgrade my cs3 photoshop with cs6 i baught in dec 2012 on my new computer. come up with dialog error "this serial number is not a qualifiying number" Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Following the premature announcement in 2011 of the "one version back" upgrade policy in the forthcoming CS6 cycle, CS3 and CS4 owners (who were still relying on the traditional "3 versions back" policy) would have been suddenly stuck without warning with non-upgradeable software.

Adobe made a one-off concession last year that CS3 and CS4 would both be eligible for an upgrade to CS6 until Dec 31, 2012. No more upgrades for them after that date.

Since Jan 1, 2013 only CS5/CS5.5 have been eligible t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see an upgrade path from cs3 to cs6.  are you sure there was one in dec 2012? 

if yes, contact adobe support:  www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the premature announcement in 2011 of the "one version back" upgrade policy in the forthcoming CS6 cycle, CS3 and CS4 owners (who were still relying on the traditional "3 versions back" policy) would have been suddenly stuck without warning with non-upgradeable software.

Adobe made a one-off concession last year that CS3 and CS4 would both be eligible for an upgrade to CS6 until Dec 31, 2012. No more upgrades for them after that date.

Since Jan 1, 2013 only CS5/CS5.5 have been eligible to upgrade to CS6.

As you say, serial number issues can only be fixed by contacting Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I not contacting adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not exactly.

These are user-to-user forums hosted on servers owned and run by Adobe. We're all Adobe customers just like you, sharing our combined knowledge of Adobe products with each other.

Occasionally Adobe staffers will join the conversation but there's no guarantee of that.

As fellow users, we can help with using the software but not with serial numbers.

For serial number issues, contact Adobe directly via chat

http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines