• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do I get Adobe Acrobat Standard

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a VLA license for Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard.  It does not come with media and it looks like I cannot download a copy from Adobe.com.

Where do I get a copy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

You should have access to the volume licensing site. check your mail. Otehrwise you can use the trial version. For anything else you may wish to contact support directly by phone or web chat...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have access to the volume licensing site. check your mail. Otehrwise you can use the trial version. For anything else you may wish to contact support directly by phone or web chat...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I should have said that I purchased the license through our government vendor, not Adobe.

I thought that I could come to the Adobe site and download a copy, but Adobe does not offer a trial version for Standard.  If you click on the trial version it kicks you to the Acrobat Pro trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use your Acrobat Standard serial number, it will activate the Pro trial as the Standard version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

If you use your Acrobat Standard serial number, it will activate the Pro trial as the Standard version.

I used to think the same but it's not the case according to Jeff Wright (Adobe Staff)

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5116705

There's no trial version for Acrobat Standard but there is a separate Standard installer. The Pro installer will apparently not accept the Standard serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John, for the correction and the reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is, where does that leave Acrobat Standard users?

Stranded, it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of your replies. 

Yes, close to stranded right now.  The rep from our vendor finally got back to me and they can send me a disk for $20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markpdf volume license customers are provided Electronic software downloads at https://licensing.adobe.com/.  You may want to try logging in and using the forgot your password option to see if you already have access.  Alterantely work with your vendor or our support team to determine the appropriate login to access the site and download the software.

In general Acrobat Standard retail users will be able to still access their install files, depending on the version, from their account at Adobe.com if they choose the download option at the time of purchase. 

If they did not choose the download option but instead choose to receive physical media, which they no longer have access to, then they can contact our support team but it is very likely they will be asked to upgrade to the current version.

Thanks John for referencing the previous discussion on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

If they did not choose the download option but instead choose to receive physical media, which they no longer have access to, then they can contact our support team but it is very likely they will be asked to upgrade to the current version.

Seems like that's a vital missing piece in this puzzle for other Acrobat Standard customers.

What if they don't want to, or cannot afford to, upgrade? They just want to re-install their purchased software but cannot find the disk?

Adobe is basically saying that Acrobat Standard X or earlier customers who purchased a physical disk and are now looking to download and re-install, have no option but to upgrade?

Acrobat Pro X and earlier customers can download their file and install.

Until recently, forum regulars understood that people could download the Pro installer, enter a Standard serial number and get the Standard version licensed. That's been clearly corrected - there is a separate installer for Standard - still available - but only if you purchased it via ESD (download).

Seems unfair that Acrobat Standard X and earlier customers are left out in the cold simply because they chose to purchase a disk. Surely an installer can be made available for them to download .- same as for Acrobat Pro customers - since this question arises regularly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John this is why the user will want to contact our support team to see what options may be available for their specific situation.

Overall though users should make a back up of their installation files in case they need them again in the future.

Personally I have always made back ups to CDs/DVDs/USB drives of any electronic software title which I have purchased and downloaded.  I remember my first experience, with another company, many years ago, where I was specifically instructed to make a backup as the download may not be available at a later time.  For my physical media purchases I keep them in a cool dry place so I can access them again in the future if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, re: backups - so so I. Have done for years. My software title backups (with serial numbers) stretch back to the early-90s.

But not everyone does and that's why they come to the forums for advice. Not for what they should have done but what they can do now that they're in a corner.

The message I'm getting here is:

Acrobat Pro users - point them to the download files (prodesigntools)

Acrobat Standard users - point them to chat to Adobe direct and explore their options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect yes John.  Also if they have a volume license then their ESDs should be availble for up to three years at https://licensing.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines