Exit

Font issue: Bullet and chapter title disapper

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using FM10 and so my client.

I got a few files from my client to upgrade.

When I open the project "Font is not available" message is displayed.

When I move ahead by ignoring message, font style gets changed, bullet is replaced by "?" and Chapter number is not displayed.

I am new user of FM,kindly guide me.Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

There should have been an error message in the console telling you what font is missing. You then need to purcahse the font and install it on your system. Otherwise, you may change what the document looks like. Two users working together must be using a set of common fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should have been an error message in the console telling you what font is missing. You then need to purcahse the font and install it on your system. Otherwise, you may change what the document looks like. Two users working together must be using a set of common fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can my client copy missing fonts from her system and pass it to me?

Could this be a problem because of my client is a Mac (apple) user and me Windows.

Br,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your client is using FM10 on a Mac, then the client must be running Windows on the Mac. FM10 is not available for the Macintosh operating system. So, yes, the client can give you a copy of the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legally, you need to check the terms of the font license. With many fonts, you can not just simply "give" another user a copy of the font. If you post an online PDF, some font houses have been known to check to the fonts and whether the creator has licensed the fonts used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahul karn1 wrote:

Can my client copy missing fonts from her system and pass it to me?

That depends on (1) the font licenses and (2) your relationship to the client. Some font licenses don't even allow embedding in a PDF to allow someone else to print it. Others might allow a client to transfer fonts temporarily to his printer. If you're editing client files, most font licenses require you to buy your own set of fonts for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines