• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Scripting Guide

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have to write some scripts for Premiere. It will import, cut and set rendering. I can do it in after effects, because there is Adobe After Effects Scripting Guide for CS6.pdf , but I cant find anything similar for Premiere But scripting in premiere is possible. I can find some commands in Data Browser in ExtendScript Toolkit editor, but I dont know how can I use it. (Import, edit etc.) Is for Premiere any scripting manual ? If not, why? Scripting in Premiere is not official supported? Thanks.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

yeah it took me half a day to find out that all the stuff is in the data browser

so that's what i found out yesterday:

you can add an array of files like this:

var myFiles = ["C:\\'theFilePath'\\File.mov", "C:\\'theFilePath'\\File2.mov", ...];

app.project.importFiles(myFiles);

and all files will be added to the project browser.

also you can add a sequence to the project like this:

app.project.createNewSequence("nameOfTheSequence","xxx");

I don't know which param I had to choose for the "xxx", but it wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But scripting in premiere is possible.

You sure?  I thought it wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This user to user forum is for how to use the program, not programming

Try http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current/sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know that there is SDK forum, but it looks like more hardcore section for Plugin development. I need simply scripting. But without manual it is bad, if it doesnt exist.

Jim Simon:

I think that it is possible, I can send some commands to premiere from JSX scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CenekStrichel,

Since there is no scripting subforum, the Premiere Pro SDK subforum is a better place to ask about scripting at this time.  I'll move your thread over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CenekStrichel,

how can you send commands to premiere with the JSX-scripts? I also need this way to code some plugins.

I just can't find a way to send the jsx code to premiere, 'cause there is no menuitem like in after effects/File-->Scripts.

Please help!

Best Regards

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create jsx file with:

#target premierepro

alert("Hello world");

save and run.

You can tell me, where can I find all commands Import videos, create sequences, add effects etc. I need composite all sequence from jsx. But without manual for using command it is bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woooow you saved my life I thought I had to code all the stuff i need in C/C++.

Yeah I know, I found a useful jsx-file called rd_GimmePropPath.jsx - this little script (including a GUI) can read all the propertys you need to call the text elements and stuff in after effects - maybe it can help to find something for premiere too.

In after effects it worked quite well I'm trying it now for premiere.

I also need to compose a full sequenz from jsx - including intro, effects, blending, outro and an after effects mov-file in between.

I let you know if I can find something useful in after effects I made it step by step maybe it will also work here.

thanks for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useful script But only for AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah only for After Effects tried it for myself.

Do you know how to call the items of the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is my problem. I only found how can I import movies. I found it on this forum. But it is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for(var key in app.project){

alert(key);

}

try this to get the propertys of the project, if you found something useful edit the collection where you are reading the propertys - found the child members of the items (app.project.rootItem.children)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see this in Data Browser on left side, I add import:

app.project.importFiles([File("/d/video.avi")]);

I need add to sequence and edit video, but dont know how

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah it took me half a day to find out that all the stuff is in the data browser

so that's what i found out yesterday:

you can add an array of files like this:

var myFiles = ["C:\\'theFilePath'\\File.mov", "C:\\'theFilePath'\\File2.mov", ...];

app.project.importFiles(myFiles);

and all files will be added to the project browser.

also you can add a sequence to the project like this:

app.project.createNewSequence("nameOfTheSequence","xxx");

I don't know which param I had to choose for the "xxx", but it works if you set it empty.

I'm currently looking for adding the files to the sequence, but I have to try some stuff till i find it out.

Let me know if you find out something new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there !

Is there still no documentation ?

I've got to do the same kind of job. (Create sequence, add clips,...)

I've browsed the object explorer but it doesn't tell which parameters to use and so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been a long time since this thread, but has anybody figured out anything at all?  I really want to get started scripting with Premiere but I am absolutely and totally lost.  Any guides yet?

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

SCRIPTING for Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines