Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player's .LIC file name excessive - Profile Load Issues

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Everyone,

Sorry to jump right in with a question, but this issue has brougt a very widely used resource here to a comlete stop.

The issue that we are having is that roaming profiles fail to load the following file:

\\SERVER_NAME\USER_NAME$\PROFILE_PATH\Application Data\Adobe\Flash Player\APSPrivateData2\0\drm-ax-win-x86\fU27D-Qk2iN2mM3R3nAgpW05-R4=\SbJVsrWvzia9YuK1nMdjYe_4dEcE=\QTlDNThDRjMtRDkwNS0zKJHGBUYTREQtRTg0NUY0QTM3REY0\NDA4Qzk0RkMtNjEyOC0zHNJKOKIUYTTTItMjAyQzlGMDQwQUNB.lic

The line above was modified to remove unique information, however in its original form is 263 characters in length.. Thus is my problem.

How do I prevent Flash player from using these obnoxious file names? 

This would be Flash Player ActiveX 11.6.602.171 running on Windows XP SP3

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue.  However almost our whole office is plagued with this problem.  We have tried to delete the folder both on the server and on the local machine.  We have even gone so far as to restore the profile from last week, before the profile was updated.  Nothing helps.  Does anyone know what I need to remove to get it so users can use their profiles again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are able to do the following to get the users logged in:

1. On the workstation side, edit the user's local profile by removing the folder drm-ax-win-x86 and all subfolders.

2. Have user test log-in.  If an error occurs still, continue below.

1. Have user restart PC to clear file locks. 

2. Remove \\SERVER_NAME\USER_NAME$\PROFILE_PATH\Application Data\Adobe\Flash Player\APSPrivateData2\0\drm-ax-win-x86\ folder/subfolders from their SERVER SIDE profile stoarage location

3. Repeat # 1 above to remove the local copy.

The issue is that even though this will get the user in and working, Flash will create this folder again and populate it with another obnoxiously named file.  So this is an every day fix.

We're running a Powershell script against every PC on the network to monitor and delete this directory as needed, and I'm a few lines away from having the same script running against the server side profile storage location.  I'm unable to share these scripts, but they will provide a very temporary workaround until we can get some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It was an oversight on a machine that didn't allow us to fix it initially.  For now we are just having users stay logged in, until a resolution is found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue here. I hope Adobe can fix this in their next Flash Player update.

Pew05, do you have any other recommended mechanisms for monitoring and deleted this folder?

I am thinking of creating a logoff script that just deletes the APSPrivateData2 folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweetseater,

We are excluding the directory from syncing with profiles via group policy.

See the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814592

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to ping the team about this.  If you haven't already, can you please enter a bug on this at bugbase.adobe.com and post back with the bug URL/number so that others effected can add their comments and votes?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I apreciate your reply. 

Bug link:  https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3529449

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying my last comment from the bug.

--

The license file is used for protected video content playback. And, these licenses are tight in to one particular machine.

So, since roaming profile is not useful for these license files, I think it is okay to exclude these files from roaming profiles.

This microsoft knowledge base explains how. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814592

I recommend to exclude the following folders.

- %APPDATA%\Adobe\Flash Player\APSPrivateData2\

- %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\CacheWritableRoot\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not use a short code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines