• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappointing Customer Service

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been evaluating Premiere Pro CS6 for the past month. It's not bad, but it hasn't overwhelmed me, either, so I decided try it another month by using the Creative Cloud. It was very clear to me from what I read on Adobe's website that you could download the app to your computer and did not need to be connected to the internet to edit. Critical, if you're on a laptop, on a plane, at the beach, whatever. In any case, after I purchased and paid (and it was $29.99, not the $19.99 implied by Adobe's website) downloaded, installed, and verified my email address, I was getting prompted to "upload my file", so I tried to. However, I kept getting "file too large" messages and a prompt to download additional software. At this time, I attempted to contact customer service. This is where the real story begins. First, I would have been happy to send an email to customer service with my question, and wait for an answer, but I was completely unable to find anyway to send Adobe an email. I saw that Chat was available, so I went for that. I was told to wait 3 minutes and 41 seconds. After a while, I was again told to wait 3 minutes and 41 seconds. After a while, I was again told to wait 3 minutes and 41 seconds. Adobe, why would you do that to me? How is that customer service? Then, I was told to wait 4 minutes and some seconds. After a while, I was told it would be 4 minutes and some seconds. This really was disappointing and frustrating. While I was waiting for chat, I continually tried to find an answer or a phone number or an email on Adobe's website. What was interesting about that is, no matter which route I tried, which door I opened, I wound up at the same destination. Occasionally, I even wound up on a dead page. (That happened more than once). Then, I decided to Google "Adobe customer service". Try that for yourself. Some people have been so incensed with Adobe's customer service that they've reported Adobe to the California Better Business Bureau. At least one even considered reported Adobe to the California Attorneys General. I found many, many (pretty much ALL) people as angry and frustrated as I had become by this point.

Suddenly, my Chat became live but after a while it was clearly apparent that the person I was chatting with wasn't understanding my issue. I tried several times to re-word my question in hopes of making progress. (By this time, I had been dealing with Adobe customer service for over an hour). I was willing to make the effort! Suddenly, the person I was chatting with told me to "contact Technical Service" and the chat was terminated. I thought that's what I was doing...!

I then cancelled my order. (We're checking our credit card to insure that the cancellation has happened. Frankly, not only am I disappointed with Adobe, I do not trust them now). By the way, I have been a loyal *fan* and owner and user of After Effects for many years, currently at CS6.

Please bear with me. As a long time user of After Effects, I was aware of and have admired a certain prominent Adobe employee for many years, so Sunday I took the extraordinary effort of making a personal contact with this person via Facebook. I did this because of my deep personal disappointment with a company I have long admired. I didn't want to be yet another person bitching about poor customer service on the internet. What's the point? I want results. However, that person linked me to this forum as my only option.

Here's my expectation: I expect Adobe's customer service to be as good as Amazon's. Even better, why not be as good Red Giant? I was recently in contact with Red Giant customer service. I sent them an email. An hour later, I got a reply. A couple of emails later, my issue was solved. I was so impressed, I bought more software from Red Giant that day. So, Adobe, while I'm waiting to hear from you, I'm trying out Final Cut Pro X. I've heard that the interface is not all that tricky after all, that it's blazing fast (and I don't need to upgrade my video card), that there are tons of plugins already available, and the plugins I currently own ALL work with Final Cut Pro X. Adobe, I'm not going to buy an $800 piece of software from a company that has demonstrated that it doesn't care at all about me or my customer service experience. Somebody from Adobe needs to contact me, phone or email... you have my email adress... and make this situation right. As I see it, you've got 30 days while I'm trying Final Cut Pro X, although I probably won't wait that long.

Finally, I'm disappointed that I had to post this.  This is not what I wanted. I wanted a great piece of software, and I wanted some reasonable customer service.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading your long-ish post, I'm still not clear what actually your problem is. All Adobe programs mandate activation and that requires Internet or a talk-through on the phone for an offline activation. The rest is just the bells and whistles of Creative Cloud/ the automatic updaters/ whatever which can be disabled or ignored if you don't use them. Not meaning to be rude, but perhaps you simply got a bit ahead of yourself in all the excitement? You could just have tried to post your technical questions here on this forum or over in teh Download, Install & Setup one and I'm sure we somehow could have helped you...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 61... I don't get excited all that easily anymore. 🙂  You did miss my point. My point was the poor customer service experience that I had, the long wait and the continual "you need to wait this long" messages that just weren't true, and that in the end it was all just a waste of my time. Some of you folks, especially those of you who have provided me with years of excellent After Effects advice via the Cow and other websites, should not take this personally. My post was a factual account of a very poor customer service experience that I had with Adobe. The Vice President of Customer Service for Adobe *should* take this personally.

(I'm not making this up: while I was typing this I just got a personal message from Red Giant thanking me for complimenting their customer service.)

Yes, you have contacted me personally. Thank you very much. I'm sorry you missed the point. I thought it was clear here: I'm not going to buy an $800 piece of software from a company that has demonstrated that it doesn't care at all about me or my customer service experience.

I'm not a troll, folks, I'm just disappointed with Adobe. I don't want to buy an expensive piece of software knowing that your customer service is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the post, Bill.

A couple of folks in our support department are looking at this thread now to see what they can do to help.

(Update: Because Bill's issue appears to have to do with activation and setup, I moved the thread to the forum about such issues.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, Bill, if you post the case number(s) for your interaction(s) with our support agents, we can more easily find the specifics of your issue and see where things are going wrong (and, hopefully, fix them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines