Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install Adobe Premiere Elements 11

Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install Adobe Premiere Elements 11 from my DVD. I have tried downloading the trial version online but that won't work either. I tried using Internet Explorer 9. I have got 6GB RAM and 650+GB Hard Drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

It was actually a windows installer problem, nothing to do with Adobe. It seemed odd as I bought a new laptop with Window 8 on it, so I couldn't understand why there was a problem with the windows installer service. I contacted Adobe Support and a technician remotely took control of my laptop and resolved the problem by repairing the windows installer service and installing and running the system update readiness tool. I installed PRE 11 after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't you install from your dvd?

why can't you download and install the trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why. I get a message saying Windows Installer and then I have to click 'ok' and then the box disappears and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer and retry installing.

if that fails, what file are you clicking to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restarted my computer and retried installing but it doesn't work. I am clicking on the Install Adobe Premiere Elements 11 file. It says initialising windows installer, a box then comes up with information on it. I click on it and then it disappears and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the name and extension of that file?

where is that file located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filename: Install Shield Setup.exe

File description: Setup Launcher Unicode

The trial version file is located on my desktop.

Is this the information you was looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should be clicking on PhotoshopElements_11_WWEFDJ.exe

go here, follow all 7 steps and download: http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the PremiereElements_11_WWEFDJ_win64 and PremiereElements_11_WWEFDJ_win64.7z files. I am unsure what to do now. I have tried clicking on the setup.exe file again but the same thing happens as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

put both of those files in the same directory and then click the exe file.

that should extract all the needed files.

then click setup.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have put both the files in the same folder and clicked on setup.exe but I then receive an error message saying 'Error reading setup initialisation file'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you extract the 7z file?  (you should not.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the files and put the .7z file and setup.exe file in the same folder. I then clicked on setup.exe and received the error message. I'm not sure what you mean by extracting the 7z file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

extracting the 7z file means unzipping the contents of that file. However since you haven't done it then the setup should run properly. Please show me the file size of the .7z file by right clicking on it and clicking on properties so that I can check whether it has completely downloaded or incomplete download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file size is 1.16GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't unzipped the .7z file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I receive the error message 'Error reading setup initialisation file'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click setup.exe and click "run as administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your installation logs will probably need to be analyzed: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it sorted now. Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

what was the solution?  it may help others if you explain or mention what steps led to solving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was actually a windows installer problem, nothing to do with Adobe. It seemed odd as I bought a new laptop with Window 8 on it, so I couldn't understand why there was a problem with the windows installer service. I contacted Adobe Support and a technician remotely took control of my laptop and resolved the problem by repairing the windows installer service and installing and running the system update readiness tool. I installed PRE 11 after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

phew. that sucks.

but, glad it's resolved and thank you for posting that.  i'll have to check further into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines