Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ROBOEX32.DLL

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All:

Does anyone know if there are any terms or restrictions for redistributing ROBOEX32.DLL?

I’m not concerned about the help file, per se, I’m concerned about OSS (Open Source Software) issues.

If roboex32.dll is covered by GPL (General Public License), then there is an issue – we can’t use it.

My software engineer tried deleting it from his software installation, and then launching the software – the help functionality still works. However, he gets a dialog box pop up, with the following message:

“There was a problem running the macro. (1037)”

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DLL file is not required to use RoboHelp for Word but it is required to be installed on end user PCs if you are distributing WinHelp output. Your RoboHelp licence allows for you to freely distribute it to any end user PC that needs it. Are you distributing WinHelp? If so, have you looked at other outputs available in the RoboHelp HTML Help application that are more up to date and do not suffer from file distribution issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

@Colum - I think your statement should be amended to read instead:

The DLL file is not required to use RoboHelp for Word but it *MAY BE* is required to be installed on end user PCs if you are distributing WinHelp output.

I suggest this because I don't believe it's a requirement to distribute unless you are using certain RoboHelp specific features with the WinHelp output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, forgot to add that even other outputs using RoboHelp HTML *MAY* also require additional distribution.

I'm thinking HHActiveX.dll here for CHM files using Browse Sequences or the Glossary tab.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp