• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What video format that is compatible with Muse? How can I add video?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add video clips and loops to the websites I create in Muse.

I can't find information on what formats work with Muse. Is there a format that need to be converted and then added?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi Mike,

Muse supports both the embedding of .swf videos on the Muse site directly, or streaming of video content from video hosting companies like AdobeTV, Vimeo and YouTube. You can use the embed/sharing code provided by these services to include video in your pages.

For step-by-step instructions on embedding a video please check out the tutorial here: Adding a lightbox feature that displays video hosted on a third-party server

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is swf supported in iOs devices, iPad, iPhone etc, I heard it was not,

The lack of simple video import interface is a HUGE problem for anyone with a desire to create a proffesional website, what are Adobe thinking..

Such a huge blunder for a usually rock solid developer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, some good advice here.  I would like to know how to link a streaming video link, say from and server outside youtube, vimeo or adobe.  COuld this be done?  say like we do in Falsh where we could link to any streaming server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Muse supports both the embedding of .swf videos on the Muse site directly, or streaming of video content from video hosting companies like AdobeTV, Vimeo and YouTube. You can use the embed/sharing code provided by these services to include video in your pages.

For step-by-step instructions on embedding a video please check out the tutorial here: Adding a lightbox feature that displays video hosted on a third-party server

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cory,

What is the recommended method of placing a .swf file published from Captivate onto a Muse page? When I try to drag and drop I get this message: Error #2047 Security sandbox violation: parent: (directory from C: to file location) / filename.swf cannot access app:/MuseOnAir.swf.

I have read the forums and looked at videos but can't find the recommended procedure.

Thanks,

Barbarafeww@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone answered Barbara's question?  The answer from Corey@Adobe hasn't helped me.

For me:

In Beta, I could "Place" swf files, but now I get an error message each time I try to place them.  (The add video suggestions on other discussion threads did not help).  This feature is essential for me to continue to use MUSE.  I was also placing published Captivate files onto a Muse page.  I am in the midst of development.  If this can't be resolved soon, I will have to use other software to develop my training course.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!!!

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone answered BarbaraFEWW's question?  The answer from Corey@Adobe hasn't helped me.

For me:

In Beta, I could "Place" swf files, but now I get an error message each time I try to place them.  (The add video suggestions on other discussion threads did not help).  This feature is essential for me to continue to use MUSE.  I was also placing published Captivate files onto a Muse page.  I am in the midst of development.  If this can't be resolved soon, I will have to use other software to develop my training course.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!!!

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse does not support video so you'll have to "roll your own" method by pasting in HTML to render video.

Corey is able to mark his answers as correct because he has forum control, just as Adobe has marketing control to post bogus nonsense like "Adobe® Muse™ software enables designers to create websites without writing code."

You truly need to write code to insert video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or use this free program to convert your video to SWF.

http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_convert_video_to_flash_swf_flv

Just realize that SWF video will not play on iOS devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I already have a swf file and I was able to Place the file using Muse Beta but no longer.  The Sandbox violation seems to have something to do with access to  Museonair.swf.  I'm not placing a "video" per se but an interactive quiz generated by Adobe Captivate as a swf.  I appreciate your help Marian. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just able to place a SWF file in the latest version. I don't think anything has changed from the beta.

Could it be that you are not running Muse with administrator privileges? Are Muse, AIR, and Flash all up-to-date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marian,

I too appreciate that you have picked up this issue. I was hoping Corey would provide an Adobe supported approach to Captivate created .swf or other video placement but I guess that won't happen. Your latest comments refer to version levels being up-to-date - included in that is whether version 2.5 of Captivate is required when creating the .swf ?

Thanks,

Barbara

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to include a movie created with Apple Keynote. I can export as a QuickTime movie or export to HTML.

There appears to be no direct import into Muse option for .mov

The HTML option creates a folder for the project, containing a folder named 'assets' and an index.html file. How can I copy this code into my web page and upload the assets?

I could export the Keynote presentation as slides and place in a slideshow, but I wanted to use Keynote's revolving cube transistion between slides. The transistions  in the Muse slideshows are limited to 'fade', 'horizontal' and 'vertical'.

Regards, Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is bad.

http://musekb.businesscatalyst.com/building_your_first_website_pt2.html#building02-addingalightbox

produces a page not found error.

So.. not helpful.

The lack of ability to add video easily... especially by drag and drop is both a big hindrance to functionality but also productivity.

And considering that this thread dates back a year, you'd think Adobe would have done something about it.

Flash is not a smart move in the iPad era.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking to insert a video in a Lightbox, simply use the Composition Lightbox Display widget, select the target container and add the video HTML code into it.

Please refer to the following available documentation that talks about embedding a YoutTube video in Muse.

http://www.adobekb.com/building_your_first_website_pt04.html#inserting

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works with YouTube, but what I've created a video from Apple Keynote by exporting to HMTL. I get an index.html file and assets folder. How do I import those into Muse (or upload to BC)? Would I have to upload to YouTube, which seems a long way around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would use a similar approach as described here.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5087131

Just make sure you upload all exported files to the remote location (through File -> Add Files for Upload option) and insert the video embedding code through Object -> Insert HTML option while updating all paths in the code as necessary. Files you upload through the "Add Files for Upload" option are uploaded to the /assets/ folder.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to upload to a remote location? I can't link to the files on my computer and these be uploaded when I Publish my site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either upload the files manually using a FTP client. Otherwise I was referring to the following option that you may use to add files to your Muse project directly. The added files would then appear within the Assets panel and would upload (to the /assets/ folder) when you publish the site to BC/external host or export the site as HTML.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't Muse use streaming feeds for video other then vimeo, youtube or adobe?  I want to use my own streaming server but can't.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would like to host your videos and stream through your site instead of using a third party video sharing service like YouTube, Vimeo etc., then you can try using the HTML5 video tag for the purpose. Refer to a similar thread with more details. Use the above technique to embed it on your site.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5134525

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm just about to get started with video.

I don't have a camera as yet so I'd appreciate advice on specifying the camera that will work best.

For instance: Do I need a camera capable of producing swf files?

I also note from a tutorial that the procedure requires uploading to You Tube prior to copying the embedded code.

Maybe you could recommend an Adobe tutorial that covers the basics please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush wipe,

Captivate had grown since I asked my question. Now there is a video option

on the menu and an insert video dialog box within it. If you choose an

event video and attempt to insert a QuickTime video the Adobe Media Encoder

will convert it to .flv or .f4v so it will embed.

Good luck,

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatily you really cannot with muse other than " hack" ways. Its very sad really, Muse is child proof and fast as heck at doing a very quick professional quality web site without any skill required ( except design taste) , albiet without video. And thats so 1990. SWF and all other flash video is unviewable to ipads and iphones and even many other mobile devices. Considering over half the web is now viewed on " mobile" devices thats in effect ignoring half your audience. I wont get into the flash vs nonflash debate other than say I very much liked and miss flash but if you build a web site today a persons a fool to do so with flash. Stick with HTML 5 now, its really basic and a step back in what you can do but its the standard now no matter how dumb a standard.

Adobe, get with 2014 and add proper video capability to Muse. Its a total write off until you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines