Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble downloading quiz results from internal server on one computer

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have tested 525 students with Captivate 5.5 and used alternate reporting to an internal server. I am able to "get results" on  my computer with the Captivate Quiz Results Analyzer. My colleague and head of testing cannot. When she goes to "Get Results" she gets the following error message:

Data is not present on local file system: downloading data, and then Error: Cannot be completed.

The data is present as I am able to view it, why can she not access the results?

We have held an earlier testing session last month (February 2013) with the same amount of students and both she and I can access these test results perfectly. Can someone advise us how to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching Adobe Community. Please accept my apologies for the same.

If they are getting that error then tell them to try and uninstall Quiz Results Ananlyzer and then readd the internal server location in the Quiz Results Analyzer.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.

I tried to delete Quiz Results Analyzer and re-install. The internal server location was still present in the new Quiz Results options. I deleted and re-added the server, but it still doesn't work. When I press Generate Report, it says: Data no present on local filesystem. Downloanding course data. Then an error message: Download could not be completed.

I can see this information correctly on another computer, and the troubled computer can access different tests successfully, though it still says: Data not present on local filesystem. Downloading course data. But then it downloads.

Can you further advise?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I apologize that the above steps did not work.

Could you please try to connect to the internal server from the computer where it is giving trouble? Try to ping the ip and see if it opens the server homepage.

Also could you please upload a screenshot of the error message?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I reinstalled Quiz Results Analyzer, we can see some results from earlier tests, but access to the larger tests are now both gone from the troubled computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can open the homepage on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tifany,

I am sorry that you are still facing an issue.

Could you try this under a new admin account on this computer and see if that helps?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shekhar,

Thank you for your patience in this matter. I am asking my colleague to see if she can log into a new admin account and access the data or the website.

Let me try and explain the context of the problem more fully and see if this helps clarify the problem:

The Captivate test module and the test results are being reported to and stored on a server set up on a Mac Mini in the computer lab where the 500+ students are administered the test. This server is on the University network. When I go off campus, I cannot access the test website. My computer that I work from on campus is on the Univeristy network and I can access the test site and the test results without problem. My colleague is also on the UNiversity network and can access the website, but cannot access the test results. She was able to at one time, but the larger test results have disappeared.

I wonder if it isn't a networking issue--the error code says "local network". She is plugging a Macbook into a desktop Mac that she uses as a monitor. The Macbook is the computer and the desktop is the monitor. She has taken the macbook home and is still unable to see the results. Could this monitor be the issue? She says that it is just acting as a monitor. I have asked her to turn the computer on and off, but she has a million windows open that she needs to keep track of (and I don't know how long they have been open--months?), but the whole thing is quite a mess. I have asked her to turn the computer off and back on again and try to access the data without any other programs open.

I took the Captivate tests (swfs) down from the website after the testing period as a security measure to protect any student from taking more tests and skewing the data. Would this have any impact on the test results? Are the test modules connected to the data results? I am inclined to think that is not the case as I can access the results just fine.

Would it be possible to provide me with a list of alternatives to check and outline what grander issues I may be facing? This computer is my colleagues across campus, and so I do not have permanent access to it. If I am looking at her computer, then she is not working, so having a game plan in place when I schedule time to try and resolve this problem would be helpful.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tifany,

Thanks for elaborating the issue in detail.

I have few questions.

What if she is trying to access the results directly from the Macbook without connecting it to the desktop?

Taking down the captivate test swfs from the server will not affect the results. Also you suggested to restart the machine is good and please try under a new admin accoun too.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shekhar,

Can you please remove this post ASAP? I realize that our server address is posted here in an earlier comment and I cannot delete it.

Thank you!

Tifany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tifany,

The messages have been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shekhar,

We might be closing in on a solution. Both she and I have tried to erase the Quiz Results Analyzer program and reinstall. Both times the Quiz Results Analyzer has been reinstalled, it opens with all of the information to our tests already in place. We do not have to load the server in the options, as the new program remembers it. Is this some kind of cookie installed on her computer that is recalling this information even when the program has been erased and unsinstalled from a new source?

Thank you!

Tifany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources