• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pr CS7 Feature Requests

Advisor ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am excited about getting my hands on CS6, and congratulate the Adobe team for their hard work. 

However...

I haven't seen anything in the web pages or videos about these features that are vital to working editors, already requested by me and many others, but still not implemented or announced here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2012/04/premiere-pro-cs6-whats-new-and-changed.html

Please join me in requesting these features be implemented ASAP:

-----

Ability to save track or clip based audio effect user presets.

A Scrub Audio shortcut toggle - NOT a user pref.

Ability to map multiple Keyboard Shortcuts to the same function (a la Avid: E & R keys, same as I and O).  Very convenient for two-handed editors.

Show Match Frame (Add Edit) function.

Heal Match Frame (Add Edit) command.

Dupe Detection indications in Timeline.

Shortcuts to Scale image zoom in Source and Program tabs.

Temporary Snap on or off (AKA Reverse Snap Behavior) keyboard modifier.

More obvious indicator that Timeline Snap is on.

Indicator on Clips in the Timeline that indicate Frame Blend is enabled.

Ripple Sequence and Chapter Markers.

Ripple Audio Track Keyframes.

Ability to save user/custom transition presets.

Constrain clip time movement between tracks by holding shift key, just like all other applications.

Lasso multiple keyframes.

Constrain keyframe values while holding shift key and moving them in time.

Clip Label only works on AV clips.  Not V-only.  Please make it work on V-only clips as well as AV clips.

A Track Matte function that allows us to pan and scale the clip being matted without affecting the matte size or position.  CRITICAL!

Ability to change the dimensions of a Sequence after it's been created.  (Actually, this may be in CS6; I'm not clear.)

Make it possible to solo and mute audio in the Timeline panel; not just the Audio Mixer.

Make it brilliantly obvious when audio tracks are being soloed (or muted); not some tiny little icon that's 1/100 the size of the interface. When you mute or solo a track in the Audio Mixer, that should be indicated in the Timeline icons and tracks as well, perhaps by shading or color, stripes, etc.

Please give us the ability to copy between in/out in a Sequence and paste elsewhere.  Workaround is to add edits (razor) where you want the in and outs before you can copy that region.  Or, you can set in/outs and lift or extract, then immediately undo.  This is a time waster; counterproductive.

No Auto-Saving right in the middle of an operation or playback, please.  Make it wait for a few seconds of inactivity before it kicks in.  No auto-saves when no changes have been made; long periods of inactivity.

Please make all Adobe apps NOT force the computer system to switch to the app that's launching or saving after that operation is compete.  It's VERY ANNOYING to be typing an email and have Adobe switch apps for me when it decides it's ready.  VERY ANNOYING.

Please after using Clip > Scale to Sequence, DO NOT have the new Scale factor in the Motion tab change the clip's scale to 100%.  That's misleading, confusing and I see no good reason for that number to change.  If I'm using a HD clip in an SD Sequence, I want to know exactly how much more I can scale it up before it exceeds the actual scale of 100%.  So, rather than it showing me 100%, it should show 40%, or whatever the real scale factor is.

Provide a way to save TRACK AUDIO FX settings.  I work in a native Sequence to edit, and copy and paste it into an AJA sequence for color correction.  ALL my TRACK BASED AUDIO needs to carry over into the new sequence.  Without a way to save my settings, I have to manually recreate them by jumping back and forth between the old and new sequence.  Time-killer.

Change the paste behavior into a new Sequence to exactly match the track configuration from the "parent" (copy from) sequence.

Have the Program monitor remember the Zoom level for each Sequence; don't have Zoom scale set universally by the project.  When switching between Sequences of different size, we have to reset the Zoom level each time (and with the mouse, too; not a keyboard shortcut).  Time waster.

Consistent Mouse Wheel behavior across all apps in CS, please.  Ae, Au, and Pr have different scroll wheel behaviors.

=====

I intend to submit these to Adobe AGAIN a nanosecond after I discover they're not in Pr CS6.  I hope you will all do the same.  And share your suggestions with us.  Strength in numbers.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have some nice suggestions, but I'd like to comment on a few.

A Track Matte function that allows us to pan and scale the clip being matted without affecting the matte size or position.  CRITICAL!

This may well be possible using the new Adjustment Layer if you apply the matte to that instead of the video clip itself.

Ability to change the dimensions of a Sequence after it's been created.  (Actually, this may be in CS6; I'm not clear.)

This is at least possible by dropping a clip into the sequence that doesn't match.  PP will ask if you want to change the sequence specs to match the clip.  (Not sure if you can do this manually, but honestly, given the ability to have multiple sequences in any given project, it seems to me a rather low priority request).

Make it possible to solo and mute audio in the Timeline panel; not just the Audio Mixer.

This is now possible in CS6.  The Audio meters next to the timeline have Solo buttons.  No need to switch to the Mixer pane.

I work in a native Sequence to edit, and copy and paste it into an AJA sequence for color correction.

With Adobe Transmit, that will no longer be the case.  You'll work in native Adobe sequences, and that will be sent to your hardware output for monitoring.  You'll also now get all the benefits of Mercury Hardware Acceleration out to your monitor.

Change the paste behavior into a new Sequence to exactly match the track configuration from the "parent" (copy from) sequence.

This happens now, assuming you have the proper tracks targeted in the Paste sequence.  (It would not be good for PP to simply ignore track targeting, if that's what you're asking.)

Have the Program monitor remember the Zoom level for each Sequence

This happens now (at least it does for me using 5.0 on Windows 7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Transmit, that will no longer be the case.  You'll work in native Adobe sequences, and that will be sent to your hardware output for monitoring.  You'll also now get all the benefits of Mercury Hardware Acceleration out to your monitor.

HOORAY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, if the new Pr Adjustment Layers work as they do in Ae, they would only be good for one layer.  I often need to do multiple track mattes simultaneously.

Here's where having the ability to change Sequence Frame Size would be helpful:  Until Pr provides us a suitable Track Matte function, the next best workaround I've found is to create a Nested Sequence of the dimensions for my "PIP," in which I can scale and pan around while seeing the edges of the "matte."  I often want to make adjustments to the size.  Currently, the only way to do that is to create a new sequence with different dimensions.  Obtuse.

Program Zoom doesn't change between Sequences in CS5.5. Mac.  I often have a Source HD Sequence from which I choose shots to paste into an SD Sequence.  So, I have to change the zoom level when switching between sequences.  I could use Fit to Frame, but the aliasing is unsatisfactory.

As for the "Change Paste Behavior" feature, I'm talking about pasting into a newly created sequence. What you're describing forces us to pre-configure the audio tracks so that the paste behavior mirrors the "copy from" sequence.  I want this automated for me.  But, I would put this request as a low priority, since it's a lazy-guy thing.

Good news about my requests that have been implemented.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use Fit to Frame, but the aliasing is unsatisfactory.

I thought you meant timeline zoom level.

You may want to look into your graphcics driver (or get a new card).  My Fit looks just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about pasting into a newly created sequence.

So was I.  In fact, that's exactly how I tested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have more to add:

Solo video layer button on the Timeline track panel.

Invert button and feathering on Garbage Mattes and Crop effect.

Ability to press Tab button and jump to next effect parameter, as in After Effects.

An FX button/switch, as in After Effects, to turn off all effects on a track.  This would speed up real-time, "offline-creative" editing and adjusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That last can be achieved using the new adjustment layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no.  When I'm cutting spots, I generally have a different non-CUDA effect or effects on each clip in the timeline.  What I would like is a method to temporarily turn them all off, so that I can make trims and tweaks in real-time.  If you're familiar with the Effects switch on each layer in Ae, that's what I'm talking about here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont forget to post them to insure they get to Adobe.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally have a different non-CUDA effect or effects on each clip in the timeline.

So you cut the Adjustment Layer to match the clips.  Apply your effects to that, and then just turn the layer off.  If each part of the AL is grouped with the actual clip, they'll trim in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

I generally have a different non-CUDA effect or effects on each clip in the timeline.

So you cut the Adjustment Layer to match the clips.  Apply your effects to that, and then just turn the layer off.  If each part of the AL is grouped with the actual clip, they'll trim in sync.

A switch would be much more useful and convenient.  One click, as opposed to numerous razors, and then dealing with the transitions, and additional trims and tweaks.

Your next suggestion about applying effects after all the trimming and tweaking is done belies any experience working in the real world, with real clients, and real deadlines.

The idea here is to create less work for us, not more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No harm in making things easier, I agree.

But for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some more features to add to my list:

Solo video layer button on the Timeline track panel.

Invert and feathering of Garbage Mattes and Crop effect.

In Effects pane, ability to press Tab button and jump to next effect parameter, as in After Effects.

An FX button/switch, as in After Effects, to turn off all effects on a track.  This would speed up real-time, "offline-creative" editing and adjusting.

Scope updating while playing.

Ability to move/drag effects order in the Mixer effects strip.  Option-Drag to copy between or within track channel strips.

Ability to print the Keyboard Shortcuts, or save all of them as a file.

And there are some more useful requests on this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1000654?tstart=0

====

Now that CS6 is out, it appears that few of my requests in my list were added.  (Mute audio in the Timeline was there already, but not Solo).  I can now color-label an MOS clip.  Whoopee.  If there are any others I missed, I welcome the correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard shortcuts:  there's a hidden feature.  Hold down Ctrl-Shift-Alt while accessing the keyboard shortcuts menu, and it'll add a 'Clipboard' button that'll allow you to dump out all the keyboard shortcuts & paste them to a text file.

Snap behaviour toggle:  Depends on what's snapping:  if you're talking about clips snapping to edges/CTI while dragging around, the 'S' key toggles snap on/off.  For the playhead itself, holding shift while dragging will turn on snapping temporarily.

'Toggle audio while scrubbing' is now an assignable shortcut.

Mouse behaviour:  you can choose to have the mouse wheel scroll horizontally or vertically in the prefs.  (Don't get why people would want to scroll left/right in the TL with the mouse wheel, that seems weird to me, but whatever.)  And I think that they fixed the inversion issue for the alt-wheel zooming behaviour.

Keep 'em coming, good requests!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get why people would want to scroll left/right in the TL with the mouse wheel

Because I rarely have more than three layers, but often have a sequence that's longer than 4 minutes, and wheel scrolling is easier than grabbing the scroll bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

Don't get why people would want to scroll left/right in the TL with the mouse wheel

Because I rarely have more than three layers, but often have a sequence that's longer than 4 minutes, and wheel scrolling is easier than grabbing the scroll bar.

Ah.  I tend to use the zoom keyboard shortcuts: either zoom out a couple of times, reposition the CTI, zoom back in, or even handier if you need to to broader jumps, hit the '\' key to zoom out to full, seek to the new position, hit '\' again to zoom back into your previous zoom level...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wil Renczes wrote:

Keyboard shortcuts:  there's a hidden feature.  Hold down Ctrl-Shift-Alt while accessing the keyboard shortcuts menu, and it'll add a 'Clipboard' button that'll allow you to dump out all the keyboard shortcuts & paste them to a text file.

Snap behaviour toggle:  Depends on what's snapping:  if you're talking about clips snapping to edges/CTI while dragging around, the 'S' key toggles snap on/off.  For the playhead itself, holding shift while dragging will turn on snapping temporarily.

'Toggle audio while scrubbing' is now an assignable shortcut.

Mouse behaviour:  you can choose to have the mouse wheel scroll horizontally or vertically in the prefs.  (Don't get why people would want to scroll left/right in the TL with the mouse wheel, that seems weird to me, but whatever.)  And I think that they fixed the inversion issue for the alt-wheel zooming behaviour.

Nice!  Thanks, Wil.

Are there any other hidden features?  Why the secret?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasso multiple keyframes.

That is possible already.  (Win7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have been more specific.  I can lasso mulitiple effect keyframes in the effect panel, but not in the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Curtis wrote:

I should have been more specific.  I can lasso mulitiple effect keyframes in the effect panel, but not in the Timeline.

Use the Pentool in the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens wrote:

Use the Pentool in the timeline

Nice.  I didn't know about that one.  I just tried it, and it works. 

The selected KFs exhibit a very small drop shadow after they've been selected. 

It would be nice to have an indicator that's more obvious (like a color change).  I had to really concentrate on them to notice.

I also just discovered that you can now shift-drag and contstrain their horizontal (time position) movement.  This may be new to 6.0.2, as I don't think it was in 6.0 or 6.0.1.

Thanks, Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I also agree that Keyframes' states with color indicators, would be nice.

Have not worked with the new AE, but going back a bit, the difference between the normal state of the Keyframe buttons, and their rollover state was about 1% darker gray. For days, I struggled, thinking that my Keyframe buttons were "grayed out." I felt that they looked better, and were easier to see and use, in the PrPro interface, than the one in AE. [Took a post to AE Forum, and someone just telling me, "click on it, and you will see it Add Keyframe (or whatever I was trying to do)." It worked - they looked grayed out... ]

Thanks for taking the time to think these requests through, and for the Feature Requests.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice!  Thanks, Wil.

Are there any other hidden features?  Why the secret?

Not that I can recall, we don't usually have easter eggs per se.  There's some debug helper stuff that lets us turn on diagnostics type stuff for playback latency, etc.  Mostly useless to people outside us engineering geeks.

I think the only reason the keyboard shortcut dump was left 'hidden' is because it was tossed in as a helper utility by an engineer - it wasn't a designed feature, so it didn't go through the usual design process for a user facing feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was informed by an Adobe employee - about ten minutes after filing my feature request officially - that Audio Scrub is now keyboard shortcut assignable. 

It also appears that auto-saving while no changes have been made has been eliminated.

So, yes, Adobe reads these feature requests.  I can take that feature off my to-do list for Adobe.  Apologies that I overlooked it.

Thanks for listening, Adobe.  And thanks for the feedback and guidance from the employees who post here regularly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines