• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get flash player to work in the guest account

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows Vista 32 bit system with IE 9 and am unable to get the latest flash player as of 032613 to work in the guest account.  The error message keeps coming up insufficient flash drive and to upload it again and again and again.  The flash drive works fine in the administrator and standard account, but, does not work in the guest account.  I have gone through the the steps listed in the flash player games, video, or audio don't work with no success guide and finally got to the end where it notes to report it to the flash player forum. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting with the standard/guest account?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4209263

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to copy, but, won't copy.  I don't have photoshop so I can not take a screen shot, however, the message is as follows:

Insufficient Flash Player Requirements

Click Below to download the latest version of Flash

f  Get Adobe'

FLASH PLAYER

The above message f Get Adobe'

FLASH PLAYER appears in a rectangular box.

I tried to copy and paste and also set as a word document to put it in here, but, that didn't work either. 

Note:  I am only getting this message in the Guest Account.  The Flash Player works fine in both the administrator and standard accounts.

Hope this helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I tried to post a screen shot, but, I do not have photo shop, however, I did recreate it as best I could in my response.  Could it be that I am running IE 9?  I'm not sure why that would be a problem, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try running through the steps outlined in this FAQ?  You should be able to use Flash in both accounts (as long as it was installed with admin access.)  I suspect something has corrupted the permissions (file, folder, or registry) and this might fix it up.

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I followed the steps outlined completing the restart.  The flash player works fine in the Administrator and Standard Accounts, but, still does not work in the Guest Account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find out if we support the guest account.  Will let you know what I hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chris.  If it's not supposed to work in guest account it would be nice to know.  I do have a question though, would it possibly be the IE 9  or is it the same with all the IEs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've heard that guest mode should be supported as long as it was installed by an admin account (which you've done.)  The only thing that our install team wasn't sure on was the "Insufficient Flash Player Requirements" dialog.  Could you try taking a screenshot of this and emailing (or attaching it to a reply) so we can understand where this is coming from?

This help doc shows how to do this on Vista using the built in tools.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screen-shots

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insufficient Flash Player Requirements

Click below to download the latest version of Flash

Chris, this is the message that I receive in the rectangular screen that comes up.  The only difference between this picture is that the box with the f get adobe flash player is more center with the f directly under the t in to on the line above.  This happens each time when trying to use the adobe flash player.  When I click on the get adobe flash player box above and go to the adobe site and download, I, of course, have to close all IE sites and once downloaded go back to the site I was at and I get the same message as above. 

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't sound like our dialog, but a screenshot of your desktop when this occurs would be very helpful.  If you'd like to email it to me, please send it to ccampbel@adobe.com.

For what it's worth, I just gave the guest account a try under Windows 7 and had no problem accessing flash content on IE 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, The attachement shows what it looks like it is in a white rectangular box with a black background.  I tried sending it to ccampbel@adobe.com. but, it came up as an invalid address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Capture insufficient flash player requirements.JPG

Above, This is the image I get when attempting to use ESPN3 in the Guest Account.

Capture update flash player 040913.JPG

Above, This is the one I receive when I go to an online newpaper in the Guest Account.

Even after following the above noted directions I still get the same information above in the Guest Account.  Remember, the Flash Player works fine in both the Administrator and Standard accounts, but, the flash player fails to work in the Guest Account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction, Chris, I did finally get it to go to your account, my bad, I forgot to remove the . after the com  Also note that when I click on the white box where the get adobe logo is it takes me directly to the adobe.com website.  It takes me a while to catch on as I am not a tinkerer so I'm learning as I go.

thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3

Whenn I go to the flash player version page in the administrator and standard accounts I do get the animation and version number, but, when I go to ghe flash player version in the guest account there is nothing in the box.  Note here, when I go to the control panel I do see the flash player icon while in the guest account, but, for some reason it's not working.  I can ope it into the flash player manager setting as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines