• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amazon Prime Instant Videos won't play in Firefox (Win 7)

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2013 Feb 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to stream a video from Amazon Prime, I usually get this error: "Sorry we were unable to stream this video. This is likely because your flash player needs to be updated"

I do have the latest Flash player and Firefox. After some searching I found this page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/protected-video-content-play.html which says to remove and replace a bad Adobe Access DRM Module. I followed the steps precisely, and after reinstalling and relaunching Flash Player, I now have a NativeCache directory with only a single file in it NativeCache.directory with size 0kb.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is Adobe teasing us with this page suggesting the problem can be fixed?

Thanks!

=aw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just chiming in to say that I am experiencing the same issues. 

using Win 7, Firefox 19.0, Flash 11.6.602.168

Tried the DRM fix listed above,

Tried uninstalling Firefox and Flash, restarting Win 7, reinstalling Firefox and Flash

Tried reinstalling display and my NVidia drivers.

Still getting "Sorry we were unable to stream this video" message.

Also having problems on Chrome.

Some troubleshooting threads suggest to go to chrome://plugins and disable the chrome flash player.

When i disable the chrome flash player and try to play an amazon instant video, I get the "Sorry we were unable to stream this video" message.

When i disable the system flash player and try to play an amazon instant video, the video plays but 'stutters.'  The audio is fine, but the video alternately pauses and plays for a second or two over and over again.

AIV works just fine on my iPad.

For everyone viewing, please take 30 secs to create an account and let Adobe know that their product is causing problems for your Amazon service.

This needs to get fixed asap!

Thanks

V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having same problem as above.  Please help, Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

No issues on my iMac that I can tell, but trying to stream Amazon Prime content from my Acer Netbook sometimes works and sometimes gives me the error listed above. 

I've updated flash player, and tried all kinds of fixes.  Issues on latest version of Firefox and latest version of Chrome. 

Sometimes I can close everything out, restart the browser and it'll work.  Other times I get the error over and over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable to reproduce this using both Firefox and Chrome with the latest version of Flash Player.  See the video below for my quick tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d__A5cZk-0&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

I suspect something else might be interfering for you.  To start, let's make sure that we have a clean install of Flash Player:

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

From there, I think I would try disabling third party components.  The easiest way to go about this would be to reboot in safe mode with networking enabled.

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows7/start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

If you continue to have problems, please add a bug to our bug database and post back here with a link so that others can add their comments and votes.  See this FAQ for the details we'll need in the bug report (dxdiag and URL being absolutely required.)

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with Window 7 (64bit), Firefox 20.0.1 (and in prior versions) and with AFP Ver 11.7.700.169 (and previous versions).

With Firefox, I have several add-ons. So I restarted Firefox in Safe Mode and was still received the same error message.

I was able to stream Amazon Instant Videos (with all Firefox add-ons enabled) after visting the Flash Player Settings Manager website - The Settings Manager is a special control panel that runs on your local computer but is displayed within and accessed from the Adobe website. I made the following changes (I have provide the according links).

1. Protected Content Playback panel - I selected the "Reset License Files" button. Link -  http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html

2. Website Privacy Setting panel - I selected "Always Allow" for both "ecx.images-amazon.com" and "amazon.com". Link - http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html

3. Website Storage Settings panel - I increased the storage from the default 100KB to 1MB for both "ecx.images-amazon.com" and "amazon.com". Link - http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

After the above changes I was able to stream Amazon Instant Videos. It is possible that only 1 or 2 of thes above changes were necessary, as I haven't tried to recreate the original problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did the 3 things Chris_CDV suggests and it seems to be working. Thanks!

I will note that the link in #1 above is bad (the link itself is "http//" even though it shows "http://").

Also I had ecx.images-amazon.com in the list but I didn't have amazon.com in the list (both #2 and #3).

And I have to add that those linked pages are painful to use!

I didn't try the things Chris Campbell suggested, sorry, and now that it's apparently working I'm afraid to try anything else.

Thanks Chris (and everyone).

=aw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I started getting this error when I went to start streaming a video file and was prompted by Chrome for permission. A bar came down that said Amazon wants permission to access your computer: allow / deny. While the prompt was visible, the video continued to play without issue. I pressed deny and video playback stopped abruptly and I was presented with the Flash Player version problem. Someone may want to let Amazon know they're coding this wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines