Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import method does not work

Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience in using the Doc.Import method to pull another FM file in via a script? I have tried all settings but Frame does not recognize the file type, even though it is a perfectly normal FM binary file. I can import the file manually, no problem. But when calling the Import method from an ExtendScript, Frame keeps showing the "Unknown File Type" dialog.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am running up against a wall with these freaking PropVals arrays. How come the stuff that works perfectly going through the UI does not work as it should when trying to automate things ?

Jang

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind. The error was elsewhere. Why can't FM give more elaborate information about all kinds of methods ? Some error messages might be useful, e.g. when saving a file with a different extension without setting the right filter. Oh well, we'll all have to learn by stumbling, again and again and again and again. Very frustrating.

Ciao

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines