Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 5450

Latest version of the Driver

Operating System
Windows 7 64 bit

Issue Explained

Whenever I try to start any Video Outside Google Chrome my Graphics Freeze (no cursor movement, no alt crtl delete, no commands) and I have to hard restart my computer. I have updated my DirectX multiple times. And have uninstalled and reinstalled I have tried to start Videos threw Mozilla Firefox, Palemoon, IE8, and Windows Media Player and all of them Freeze my computer resulting in a Hard Restart. I have troubleshooted this problem with multipul people and the same problem keeps happening. I would like to stress Videos work just fine in Google Chrome Browser aswell. Which is the reason why I am posting it here as I know Chrome has a different Flash player so It makes me think its a Issue with how Flash Player is talking to my Graphics Card.

CPU Details

AMD Anthlon(tm) x2  220 Processor 2.8 GHz

System Memory Type & Amount

5G kingston Ram (4g+1g)

Please I am starting to get desperate as I have been trying to resolve this issue on my own for the past month. Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really could use any suggestions for this issue considering that I am currently tapped out on things I can do to resolve this. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I understand the problem fully.  You mention "Whenever I try to start any Video Outside Google Chrome my Graphics Freeze"  What type of video are you trying to display?  Do you mean that video inside chrome (or fullscreen flash video started from chrome) works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I say, Any video. I open youtube or any video threw Internet Explorer, Firefox or any other browser other than Google Chrome. my computer freezes forcing a hard restart. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope it clears it up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your system freeze up when viewing this video in Firefox or IE 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the link in Firefox and my computer freezed

Tried the link in IE 9 and my computer freezed

Tried the link in Pale Moon and my computer freezed

Tried the link in Google Chrome plays it just fine, btw that is a pretty cool trick shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That HTML 5 video isn't using Flash, so I suspect something at a lower level is causing problems (hardware, drivers, etc.)  You might want to try using the 13.3 beta drivers to see if they help.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for that. It did help a bit but now its back to the same issue

So I reupdated my drivers for my video card and now the video you linked plays but other videos do not......Back to the drawing board?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines