• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: (Firefox) Flash elements jumps up every other time I scroll up

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly like the title says. It does not happen when scrolling down, or when using the arrow keys on my keyboard (it is not my mouse causing it, I've tried others...)

Here are some things I've tried, that didn't yet solve anything.

- Versions: 10.1.82.76, 10.3.183.67, 11.2.202.233, 11.6 (beta) and the latest; 11.7 (beta) (I followed the instructions on this article before each re-installation and even ran CCleaner before as well.)

- Downgrade Firefox to 18.0

- Set ProtectedMode to 0

- Disable/Enable smooth scrolling

- Disable/Enable hardware acceleration

- Create a new Firefox profile

- Run Firefox in safe mode

I've tried out the same browser/Flash version combination that I was using before I recently re-installed my OS (Firefox 18 with Flash 11.6 beta) which worked fine, but somehow it's not the same...

I have had this problem in the past. It went away after a long time, but I have absolutely no idea what solved it. Also, in other non-IE browsers (Chrome) it's completely fine.

My graphics drivers are the latest available, including the drivers for all of my other components.

So what else can I try now... ? Is there a specific Windows update I should have installed?

Firefox: 19.0.2

Here is a video that shows the phenomenon: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48454461/vid/flashbug.avi

(The first time I scroll down and back up, I use the mouse wheel -- the second time, I use the keyboard arrows)

YouTube isn't the only place this happens at. Also, I do not have this problem with the built-in Flash player in Firefox (19), but Firefox tells me "additional plugins are required" when I don't have the official Flash player installed, so...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox: 19.0.2

I found a solution that worked for me here:

"Launch Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys). Click the Processes tab and scroll down and select the plugin-container.exe line. Right-click on it and select Set Priority --> AboveNormal and then exit."

Source: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/930496

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting back with your solution.  Would you mind opening a bug report at bugbase.adobe.com with the info from both of your posts?  You have excellent info here and I'd like to make sure the right people get to see this.  Once the bug has been added, please post back with the bug number and I'll follow up internally.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the solution I posted with the Task Manager created another problem so I had to abandon it. Not sure if it may help someone else though. I tried swithing to Chrome but had similar garbage happening: popping and interuption to audio when pages would load, when scrolling very fast or even mouseovering on abjects. What I had to do as I explained in the reply to Vip, is install a different version of flash 10.3.183.68 (Released 3/12/2013). I had to do a similar thing months ago when 11.3 came out and created the same problems. Hopefully I can hang on to this version (10.3.183.68) for a while as it seems to work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Flash 11.6 now and still have the plugin-container competely disabled. Everything has been working fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so the plugin-container is what causes this... Well, the solution jjxp2012 posted didn't help for me, so I completely disabled the plugin container (by setting dom.ipc.plugins.enabled to false and dom.ipc.processCount to 0 in about:config), which solved it (finally).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipiish, how has that been holding up for you? The solution I posted only worked for me to some degree, after some time the screen on youtube would freeze when scrolling when video was playing, this became intolerable quickly. So some minutes ago I went here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

and downloaded an archived older version 10.3.183.68 (Released 3/12/2013). This is working perfectly on FFox so far. It seems any version starting with number "11" is a problem on XP in any browser.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.3.183.68_archive.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines