• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Landscape iPhone Launch Orientation

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a landscape air app for iPhone/iPad. i have autoOrients=true and aspectRatio=landscape.

for iPad i use Default-Landscape.png and Default-Landscape@2x.png.  this works great.

however on iPhone, i have Default.png and Default@2x.png and the app launches only in one direction correctly (home button on the right). when i hold the phone so that the home button is on the left, the launch image is upsidedown and i see a black rectangle rotating suggesting that the app is rotating to the correct direction but the launch screen does not rotate. when the launch screen disappears, the app is correctly oriented. there are no squeeze problems or anything.

i see similar topics around on the forums but i don't see the answer to this specific question.

thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

iPhone/iPod only show launch portrait launch images, although developers design this portrait launch image to show the launch text/art in landscape mode. Hence it does not rotate irrespective of the fact that the device is held on landscape left or landscape right mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see is how things are. Either use a symmetrical splash screen, or do what you're doing, which is to support the majority of users. Look at Angry Birds as a comparison, they too have the same symptom, only they chose to support the minority, which is always a bit like a slap in the face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Well I thought I was doing it correctly but I don't hear anyone mentioning the problem. It seems like an adobe problem since the launch is not flipping even though it works on the ipad.

I sure wish this strange issue was noted somewhere in the launch image instructions. I don't have angry birds but of all the many apps I've got, I've never seen a single one that auto orients that doesn't auto orient the launch image as well. Hmmm. I guess just an air limitation. Well thank goodness for air nevertheless!

Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a different orientation launch image is only an iPad feature. Can you tell me any iPhone app that is a landscape only app, that shows the splash screen in both landscape versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can check game 'tapped out'.This game is correct in both landscape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone/iPod only show launch portrait launch images, although developers design this portrait launch image to show the launch text/art in landscape mode. Hence it does not rotate irrespective of the fact that the device is held on landscape left or landscape right mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines