• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update problems, Bloatware included

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is mcaffey security being downloaded on to my system? You are/were a respected IT company, now you have stooped to forceloading of bloatware?? You know that disparate security programs cause systems to freeze, or otherwise crash.  What are you thinking? Are you thinking?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe here, but fellow users as this is a user forum. Many people have made it clear that they are unhappy with the attachment of additional software to the downloads. You did have a choice not to download it, but that takes extra care.

A well drafted letter to the CEO will do more than complaining here:

Corporate headquarters

Adobe Systems Incorporated

345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This being a user to user forum, you are talking to other users when you post here.  I wish I knew where to tell you to post your objection, as it is shared by just about anyone that runs into it.  But as it stands, there is some agreement between companies, and until that agreement ends, folks are stuck having to take care and pay attention to unclicking options when dealing with web interfaces... but then that's true in every case just about... you have to be careful to look for the opts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

blworyk wrote:

Why is mcaffey security being downloaded on to my system?

Because you didn't uncheck the optional bundled software when you downloaded the free Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines