• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy 3 disc CS5 Production Premium to Hard Drive

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem installing CS5 Production Premium using the 3 discs at 99% complete.  For trouble shooting, a Microsoft recommendation for advanced users is to copy more than one disc to the Hard Drive in reverse order, starting from the last disc, then run setup.exe.  I reviewed the content of the 3 discs to find the file structure between discs was not straight forward.  I also looked at Adobe support information for a particular situation that recommended the same.  However, this probably involved one disc.  I found the time to download the large number of installation files from the Internet was a problem in the past resulting in my disc version.

If possible, how would I copy the 3 CS5 discs to the HD to run setup?  If a problem was to occur again, this would save me time during installation trouble shooting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't bother with the disks. Download the compound version using the trial:

Direct Download Links for Adobe Software

Keep it in a safe place. Otehrwise you would probably need to use a CD/ DVD image creation software such as ISOBuster or any burning program to get an exact sector by sector image that then could be mounted as a virtual drive, if for whatever reason the files cannot be retrieved normally from the install media.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used software to create ISO files that would be possible for me but having reviewed the files in the 3 CDs, there are a large number of repeated language files plus other files and sub files that make no sense to me from disc to disc.  Without knowing how the files are interpreted through the software that controls the installation, I wonder how the ISO process would make sense of all this.  It took me 20 minutes to copy disc 3 to my hard drive then after a review of the files and sub files in the other discs, I tried to interpret how much of the other discs needed to be added from repeated files.

Disc 1 contains in autorun: open=" " Adobe CS5\Set-up.exe" plus reference to an icon, then CS5 contains: deploy, packages, payloads, resources.  Then readme files in various languages.

Disc 2 contains in autorun: reference to an icon, then CS5 contains: payloads.

Disc 3 contains in autorun: reference to an icon, then CS5 contains: payloads.

I imagine the Set-up.exe contains all the installation instructions.  If I am to add all three to an HD as Microsoft recommends in my post, how do I include all files with repetitions as is from disc to disc with the inevitable 'do I want to replace existing files'?

Do you have a process I could use to make sense of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the trial version of the software using the link below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site or else the download will not work properly.

http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem would be simply solved by downloading.  However, the Internet downloads from an isp is not without its problems either.  Since the download of a collection of applications can take longer than what might be considered reasonable, the connection can be cut off.  This technique is used by an isp to control network overload or customers who are continually using more than their acceptable share of time on the type of distribution network available.  The bandwidth to my home has improved slightly since I tried to download the CS4 version two years ago.  I was cut off twice during two lengthy download attempts so I ordered the discs.  I am still limited by the telephone line distribution down my street with fibre distribution a few years away.  I have a new Airport Extreme router that will improve things on my Intranet but the speed is still limited by the weakest link.

I would prefer using a method that has a high reliability of success, namely from files within my 6-core PC.  The process for 3 disc installs is also much longer and I avoid disabling my protection if possible, since I have had a virus invasion during an installation.

Does the discs process allow installation without Internet connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines