• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 Trial Version Download Link Not Working

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried on multiple browers to download the trial version of RoboHelp 10.  Each time, it shows an error message after I select the language and click "Download."

I called Adobe support and they said they couldn't help me: all I can do is post the problem on this forum.  How stupid is that? I am potentially going to buy this product and I cannot even download it!  Talk about bad sales on their part. (I wonder how the MadCap Flare folks would respond if I had the same problem? I'm just sayin'...)

But I digress...

Does anyone have a link that actually works?

~Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you attempting to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cindy

Sorry to hear about the issues.

Normally Adobe apps will like using a downloading application. In fact, they supply one. I think it's called the Akami downloader. That typically has to be downloaded first and installed. Then that app launches the download process.

Wondering if it's this app that is vexing you or if you are simply trying to download the RoboHelp install itself?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy, I just tried using Firefox and it works fine? Like Rick said, the Akamai Downloader is used to facilitate especially large downloads. It came up after I chose the language and started downloading right away.

What error message are you getting?
I wonder if it's the Akamai Downloader that needs to be installed first.

Please let us know and we will get to the bottom of it. 🙂

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thanks for the quick response. 

I have tried I/E 9 and Firefox 17.   In I/E, I get the standard "Page not found" message; in Firefox I get "File not found."

I don't have the Akami Downloader, and the option was never given to download it before I tried to download the trial.  I searched for it and all the places I found in my Google search require a purchase. 

Here is the Adobe page for Akami: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/akamai-download-manager-faq.html#main_Where_do_I_d...

I then found this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/kb/troubleshoot-akamai-download-manager-3.html#main_Download_....  I clicked the link to the Adobe downloads page and no where in the list of products does it show Akami.

[[banging head on desk]]

Is it just me having a dumb blonde moment or is this really screwed up?

Cindy :{

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres an UPDATE:

I thought maybe it was Windows 7.  The whole reason I'm trying to upgrade to RH10 is that my RH7 does not work with Windows 7 - and Adobe confirmed that. 

I went through the whole process on a Windows XP system and it worked find.  (Damn Windows 7!)

Windows 7 also has some kind of security feature that doesn't allow "this type of file"(such as the Akami Manager) to be downloaded and run - even if you try to force it to do it. (I'm checking with my IT folks about that.)

So, once again Windows 7 has screwed things up.  Oh joy!  Flare is looking better and better all the time!

C :}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you blaming RH for a Win7/internal IT security issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cindy

Assuming you are running Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, you are able to download and install the Windows XP virtual machine. You would then be able to run your RoboHelp 7 in the virtual machine without being forced to upgrade.

Just a side note. I've been running Windows 7 for a couple of years now and while it's more nervous about its file system than a parent with their first child, I have never encountered the inability to download the file that you are encountering.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you downloaded the trial installer on a Windows XP system, why don't you copy the installer across?

Can you try from another location? My guess is this has something to do with your work environment. Otherwise we would have seen other posts with the same problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp