• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specify general settings

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WS66FDD44F-03FA-4cce-9085-A8377384DBC0.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need CMYK for printion.

But font error occurs when publishing PDF to CMYK mode.

Bold and Italic does not apply in korean font(gulim.ttc, batang.ttc).

Most Korean font does not have bold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us more about the font error – I'm not sure it would be related to the colour mode (CMYK).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

".ttc" format fonts are a collection of TrueType fonts within a single file and the bold & italic members are probably within that file. Depending upon your operating system, locale setting and FrameMaker version, you may not have access to these sub-fonts within the collection.

There also were issues with FM prior to the 10.0.2 patch version using the CMYK mode not properly supporting a variety of font types. I suspect TTC might also be one of these.

More details on your operating system and FM version number might help asses what your actual probelm might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I never – a colour mode screwing a font definition! FM errors are nothing if not imaginative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for yout quick response.

Problems can be found in the attached images.

--------------------------------------------------------

0. FM version

00 FM version.png

1. FM document character setting

01 FM document window.png

2. PDF color setup

02 PDF Setup.png

3. PDF output(RGB mode): no problem. same FM document.

03 PDF (RGB mode).png

4. PDF output(CMYK mode): bold and italic error

04 PDF (CMYK mode) error.png

5. PDF font property

a. RGB mode

03 PDF font property (RGB mode).png

b. CMYK mode

04 PDF font property (CMYK mode).png

--------------------------------------------------------

I select color mode in the "PDF Setup" When i create pdf.

For some reason, CMYK mode was not bold and italic.

In the pdf, font property have different expression.

I don't know what went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might still be a problem with the CMYK mode in the SaveAsPDF option. The fixes in 10.0.2 addressed many known issues with TT-WGL and OpenType Pro fonts, but I don't think that TTC formats were ever properly tested. If you can get TTF versions (you'll end up with more discrete fonts), try using those as a workaround.

Alternaively, try using the RGB mode to see if the fonts render coorrectly. If they do, then you can use Grafikhuset's PubliPDF tool to correct the RGB to CMYK for print production. See: http://design.grafikhuset.dk/index.php/kontakt/downloads/grafikhuset-publi-pdf for the freebie version download (it's freely available under an open source GPL v2 license now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines