• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

robohelp 10 - can't get the icon to display on desktop

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this problem? When I try to open it, I get Windows Photo viewer can't open this picture because the file appears to be damaged, corrupted or is too large.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the RH program shortcut? or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your o/s, where it's installed will vary, but mine on a WinXP machine is here - "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\RoboHTML.exe" - if you set up a new shortcut, does the icon appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I located the RoboHTML.exe and copied it to the desktop and tried to open it. I get VXDBMS.dll is missing and try re-installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff - that did work - when creating the shortcut and placing it on the desktop. Thanks a lot for your help. I was getting pretty frustrated. Installations usually go a lot easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It usually is pretty smooth - the fact that it didn't create the shortcut leads me to believe that your environment may be restricted in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t see that I was getting emails because I still had Outlook shut off from the Installation. I don’t know of any restrictions but there could be something they didn’t share with me. Thanks again for all of you help. I’m sure I’ll need more help with getting a new version and I need to try to learn how to Merge documents for my new task!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming in late but hopefully it will explain what happened. By design Rh does not create desktop icons since around Rh8. Adobe's view, right or wrong, is that if every app did that the desktop would be cluttered. My view is ask me during installation. However, that is the Adobe policy and the Rh team have to respect it.

It sounds like what you did was copy the exe to the desktop but when you run it, it expects certain files in the same place. When you created the shortcut as Jeff suggested, those files were in the same place so the result was success.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter - you know, the last time I did this, I think I ended up copying the shortcuts from my Start menu to populate my desktop, now that I think about it ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t even notice that it was in the Start menu. I’m just happy that it is on my very crowded desktop and working. It is an amazing tool! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helen

Your image did not make it to the thread. Images must be posted via the web interface, they cannot added in emailed replies.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. For us dummies, it would help if they would at least tell us where to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't display on my desktop. I find one under Program Files/Adobe which is ARPRoboHelp.icon. I don't see anything else that looks like a shortcut. I re-installed and kept the icon on the bottom of the screen but I am afraid that will disappear when I log off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I meant just right-click on a hunk of empty desktop and create a new shortcut pointing to the RH .exe file. You did install it as a local admin, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Helen,

You can create an Icon in Desktop, just go to Start>Programs>Adobe Robohelp>Right CLick on Robohelp HTML and send to Desktop. And the one which you have in your Desktop, you can delete that one.

Or on that Image right click properties and select the program from C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Robohelp\Robohelp HTML\***.exe

Regards,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp