Exit

Deactivate elsewhere to re-Activate CS6

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Pam here,

I had my macbook fixed recently. I could not on the macbook, or deactivate/remove my CS6 before I sent my macbook for repair.

They re-formatted my laptop and everything is gone somehow.

Now I have issue launching my CS6 after installing,

I suspect I need help:

- To specially deactivate elsewhere, and activate again for it could work on my laptop again

Thanks for anyone who could help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pamela, what issue do you get after launching the CS6 applications? Do you get any error message or error code? Attach the error screenshot.

As far i can see, you still have activations left and you can install and activate your Design &Web Premium CS6 without any issues.

Please ellaborate the issue along with the application and OS details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Was upgraded to Windows 7 at work, didn't get a chance to deactivate. Same machine, but after being told too many activate and trying to reactivate, I get "We are unable to activate Creative Cloud. Please check your internet settings and try again. If the problem persists please contact Customer Suppport. 194:7"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arpit,

thanks for your reply,

There was no response or alert when i try launching any of the adobe softwares that I ever installed and used before my macbook spoilt and sent for repair.

I suspect that it is not devactivated before my mac was reformatted. I asked the customer service, if they could help me deactivate it and so my softwares could work on my mac. But they didn't answer my question.

But they only suggestted me to reformat my mac, as i restored my mac with the Time Machine after the repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pamela, as said before, I can see from your account details that you still have activations left and can activate it on another machine(or the reformatted machine). The issue here seems with the installation itself.

Are you sure the installation went well and did not give you any errors?

The other reason for this issue could be the restore that you performed using Time Machine as that might have not restored all the files. Let's uninstall the existing CS6 suite by running the uninstaller from Applications -> Utilities -> Adobe Installer Folder.

Once done, run the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool(http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html) and remove the remnants of the CS6 installation.

Re-install Design &Web Premium CS6 from disk or download and check of the application installs fine.

Try to launch CS6 apps and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My softwares are there, it just do not launch

Screen Shot 2013-04-06 at 2.09.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines