• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat failed to load its Core DLL--can't open pdf files as a result

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Acrobat Reader 9 and I am getting this error message. I shut down the computer to no avail. I am not able to read any pdf files. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2008 Nov 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I don't know what happened to my Acrobat. It has always worked perfectly. Then somehow it was corrupted and I have tried to update it, restore it or do what I can all to no avail.

Louise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Louise, I restored my pc to an earlier point and now I have version 8. Try restoring your computer to preinstallation date of version 9.

It works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2009 Aug 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A repair in add remove programs worked for me. Running Acrobat Pro v.9.1.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too, BTW in Win7 it is called Programs and Features instead of of Add/Remove Programs. 

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if either of you have the Quickbook PDF Printer? This has caused the error in the past with Reader 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the Quickbook PDF Printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2008 Nov 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem with the fresh installation of Acrobat reader 8.1.3 . I am unable to uninstall the ver 8 or upgrade it to ver 9. Everytime I try to do so, I get the fatal error "The installation package could not be opened, please contact the application vendor". Please help , I am unable to open any pdf file.
I have a new machine with lots of software are installed in the last few days. therefore I cannot restore it to any previous day.

thanks in advance and hoping to get a positive from you soon.
Jalaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing the following to see if this helps:

go to: Start
Search all files and folders
Type: Adobe

If any results show up delete all of them and empty the recycle bin. Then go to Google and do a search on Adobe removal and follow the instructions.

After you remove everything restart the computer.

Let me know if this works and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody who is receiving this error message running CA Antivirus? Reason I ask is I found this article in a different blog:

"It turns out it was a conflict with CA antivirus and Adobe. It matters what order they are installed .
To fix I unistalled CA anti-virus> rebooted> Uninstalled Adobe Reader>downloaded Reader 8.0>installed Reader".

I haven't tried it yet, but was just wondering if there is a common amoungst us all like CA Antivirus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has become fairly frustrating for me. I read through the other questions with the same problem, there seem to be very many ... and I wonder why adobe products isn't responding. I have many of the same potential items each of us thinks is the "culprit".  I don't know what CA antivirus is, but it does seem that after I loaded stopzilla antivirus recently, I too, have this dll problem.

My pdf loaded and it was actually working today, but when I pulled up the docs I wanted to read, they were garbled/jumbled or in some other format that was indecipherable. Now when I try to load a pdf file, it won't even load, I have the same problem about the" core dll won't load".  I wonder,

So, it's got me thinking why.... and... I recently responded yes to a question adobe asked in an updare or something... or should I say offered, about (can't remember exactly what it was) but it was something like, do you want us(adobe) to maintain internet security for ???, I can't remember what they were tracking or what it exactly asked, but I said yes and I wonder if that security is the problem. Does anyone have clarification for my "garbled/jumbled" speak?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2009 Jan 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error after installing a trial of Acrobat PRO 9.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helloooooooooooooooo....what can I do for repair it?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must uninstall it and restore your computer to earlier date when you had version 8.0. That's what I did and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Firefox? I got this error(adobe failed to load core dll) after installing Adobe 9 and believe that was the problem. There are instructions for installing Adobe 9 in Firefox. The link is on the intall Adobe Reader 9 page. I couldn't follow the directions exactly because they are probably for an older or different version of Firefox than I have but basically you have to tell Firefox to allow www.adobe.com to allow add-ons. I uninstalled Adobe, rebooted and followed the directions to allow add-ons and reinstalled. Ta-da! It works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem i have Adobe Reader 9 installed and every time i try to open Adobe Reader 9 it says Acrobat failed to load Core DLL and i was on the monster energy website trying to open this PDF file and it wouldn't open and i restarted my Computer and i tried to reinstall Adobe Reader 9 but it says there and Error. So can someone please tell me whats up with my Adobe Reader 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Acrobat 9 one posible solution is delete AcroRd32.dll.2.config and try to start Acrobat Reader Again.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2009 Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the the previous reply didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open the program.   Adobe failed to load its Core DLL.  Wondering if it has a compatibility problem with Bit Defender 2011 which I recently installed?   So where is the answer from Adobe's techincal support staff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I got mine fixed.  here is what i found on the support website under Adobe REader

Windows users

You can also repair Adobe Reader using Control Panel:

1. In Windows, choose Start > Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
  2. In the Add or Remove Programs list, click the Adobe Reader item.
  3. Click Change and follow the instructions to repair the application
    Windows users

You can also repair Adobe Reader using Control Panel:

1. In Windows, choose Start > Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
    2. In the Add or Remove Programs list, click the Adobe Reader item.
    3. Click Change and follow the instructions to repair the application

I followed the instructions and Adobe could open the new Reader afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm back t osquare one!!   Again I'm getting this message when I tryto open a document with Reader.  HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed those instructions and still got that annoying error message. Any alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per my previous post: 1. you can read PDF files with free Microsoft File Viewer

and 2. I would try running the Kaspersky-TDSSKiller scan: see #51 from envsafety on April 6.

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines