• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to Save CS6 to CS5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have some files in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign that I wish to be backwards compatible with CS5.

I'm concerned more about my Illustrator files at the moment.

I'm not sure how to save as a CS5 file or if there is an automatic way to make it compatible overall.

I am on a MBP.

Any more questions, please post.

Thanks.

-As far as I know for Photoshop, it's under Preferences, General, File Handling, Maximise PSD Compatibility: Always.

Is this correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this on another forum, but is there a more permanent solution to this?

So I don't have to Save As everytime?

Aka I want to save everytime and not have to worry about compatibility issues.

To clarify your answer for Illustrator.  The option is not in the "Save As" dialog box.

The correct answer is

Open you CS6 Illustrator file.

File>Save As

The Save As dialog box opens

Type your file name (DIFFERENT THAN ORIGINAL PLEASE!) and the Save as Type is still going to be Adobe Illustrator (*.AI)   **This is where the above instructions threw me, as the Save as type drop down does not list anything about versions to save fo)

Click Save

Once you click Save, the Illustrator Options dialog box will come up.  The first option is titled Version and has a drop down menu.  Select the version of illustrator you want to save your file as here, then click ok.

Your done.

I strongly suggest you give this file a different name than your original CS6 Illustrator version as you may lose some parts of your design in the conversion.

Hope this helps.  Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bro, your suggestion is not work. I trust you and save as you said but all the certificate we printed was rejected.

The quantities we printed are not a small quantity. Wooowwww.... I can't sleep for threee day and night.

So pls any body there could help me to save CS6 file to CS5 without warning dialog box.

Thanks.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For printing you needn't save it down. Save a PDF instead.

But when saving down, always check twice if everything came out as intended. And better use the old version for this check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines