• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 either won't launch or does not show project files when it does launch

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had a freeze in RH9 and after force closing and relaunching, I got a message that the .cpd file was corrupt and needed to be deleted. I deleted the entire project folder in my local drive and then retrieved the files from Visual Source Safe. When I tried to launch the .xpj file from Windows Explorer, RH launches to the splash page, but never moves beyond that. When I try to open from the Start menu short cut, RH launches but none of the project folders or files are there.

Emptied the local folder and retrieved files multiple times, but no change. Logged out completely and restarted the machine and no change.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open one of the sample projects? If so, then something's gotten messed up in your VSS project; if not, then your RH install may be damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open other RH projects, just not this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So try checking it out again, trash the .cpd file and then try opening it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp